Looking for advice/opinions/thoughts on buying a Wacom tablet with my Apple Credit.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mattcube64, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Hi Guys!

Here's the deal. I got the $100 rebate from my iPhone, and I was looking at things to get.

I've always been interested in a tablet. I'll be honest... I really have no idea what they're for. I figure they're meant to better draw, outline, or enhance photos on your computer.

There's just this little thing inside me that's always said "Get one." But I've never felt like just dropping cash on something I'm not 100% certain I'd use, let alone know what it is.

Now I have an excuse. Granted, I do do some LIGHT photography. I have a 10.1 MP Cybershot that I bring with me everywhere. I have over 5000 photos I've taken, but they're all just for fun. I do some light editing in Photoshop and in iPhoto, but nothing incredible.

I guess it'd be fun to do fancy drawings on my computer, and give them a "computer look."

I guess my question is... are these things neat? Anybody got one? Is it worth owning if I have a free $100 off? Which do you recommend?

I know I'm sounding vague... but I appreciate any input!

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I wanted a tablet too but after my friend got one i was disappointed. It's not so much fun and soon you'll realise that its not going to be of much significant use.
    But thats just me.

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

If you can draw, and have a program like Painter, then a tablet is great. You can adapt what you do with tools and paper to the computer. As just a gimmick to fool with: not so neat. Buy yourself a good mouse, or something else, instead.