Looking for an adaptor to split Lightning out to USB power and 3.5mm audio.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrTemple, Dec 13, 2014.

1. MrTemple macrumors regular

Jun 11, 2013
    Canadian Pacific North Wilderness
    Hi all,

I'm looking for an adaptor, but can't seem to find one that exists.

I've got an iPhone6, and looking to connect it to a 3.5mm audio jack (headphone-type) while also charging it. I can connect the audo and power separately, but I'd like to have only one cable running to my phone.

Is this possible? Has anybody found such a beast?

I'd also be okay with a 30-pin to usb/3.5mm, so long as it still sent audio and charged when I added a 30-pin to lightning adaptor. I see a few of these out there, but does anybody have experience with them and an iPhone6?

2. BigCLC macrumors member

Sep 18, 2014
    Looking for an adaptor to split Lightning out to USB power and 3.5mm audio.

Im looking for the same thing as well. Closest I can find is this for the car, but it will still require a 30 pin to lightning adapter

Monster MBL AI 3000 CCHGR WW Charger with Hand Gesture Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008MF3YO4/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_L4lJub0DPFR8D
  3. KenB macrumors member

Nov 4, 2014
    Portland, Oregon
    My understanding is that the Lightning connection is digital only, and did away with the "iPod out" functionality of the 30 pin connector. I think you will simply have to bite the bullet and connect two cables.
  4. xraydoc macrumors 604

Oct 9, 2005
    I have a 30-pin to USB+3.5mm audio that I'm using in the car along with an Apple Lightning to 30 pin adapter. Works fine, but it's clearly a hack.