Looking for an App That Keeps Track of Minutes Used/Notification if You Go Over/Close

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vladtheimpaler, Nov 16, 2011.

1. vladtheimpaler, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

I have been looking for a good app that tracks minutes used and will alert you if you are close to going over your minutes. I see one called VoiceMan but there are only two reviews and both are bad in the app store. Any recommendations would be awesome. Thanks

2. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Are you on ATT? The myAT&T app is probably the best solution. Not sure what to tell you if you're on VZW. Perhaps add a shortcut to your homescreen that goes to your account on their website. I'd guess they have an app though?

Edit: "My Verizon Mobile" in app store.

I'd assume the official Verizon and ATT apps are more accurate than any 3rd party app.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Not an app, but if on AT&T dialing *646#<call> will provide your current minutes remaining. Other carriers may offer similar functionality.

4. vladtheimpaler thread starter macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Yes, I am on ATT and I have that app. But it does not notify you when you are close or going over your minutes.

5. aztooh macrumors 6502a

My apologies, I must have glossed over the wanting an alert part. Can you have ATT send a text alert when you're close to your minutes? I have nearly 5000 rollover minutes, so this isn't much of an issue for me.

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Nothing against your post but something to add: Normally I get text from AT&T if I used 65% of my data plan, 90% of my data plan. Of course I get text from AT&T if I go over my data limit. I'm not sure if this is the case for minutes. Personally I have not gone over my minutes or gone near using up my minutes. I am on a family plan and we don't use our minutes. So my rollover keeps adding up:D.

OP: If you have lots of rollover minutes saved up, I wouldn't worry. If you have less then it would be a concern. I believe AT&T only keeps your rollover minutes for a year??

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

I have seen our family plan go over on minutes a couple times due to abnormal circumstances, no alerts were generated AFAIK.

Rollover minutes expire on a 12 month rolling window.

8. edk99 macrumors 6502a

You should take advantage of the A-List to reduce your minutes used on numbers that you call frequently that count against your minutes. I cut my minute usage in half by doing that. Family plans get to list 10 numbers.

9. deeddawg macrumors 604

Thanks, I ended up doing that a few months back and also switched over to the Family Messaging with unlimited mobile to any mobile. Now my rollover bucket overfloweth. :D