Looking for an app that records constantly but only keeps the most recent 5 minutes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by altuixde, May 24, 2015.

1. altuixde macrumors member

Is there a Mac app that can be set to always record audio and only keep the last five to ten minutes (everything older than that would constantly be erased)? I'd like an app like this so I can speak my thoughts out loud and if I have a senior moment then I can go back and find the lost thought. It doesn't have to be an app, an Audio Unit would be fine as well. This sort of memory loss usually only happens to me when I get a bunch of ideas at once; I forget some before I finish writing (or typing) them all down.

2. deep diver macrumors 65816

deep diver

Why not use a stand alone voice recorder. You can set most of them so that each time you record it creates a new file, or you can just go back as far as you need to.

3. altuixde thread starter macrumors member

I do have a stand alone voice recorder. It's really old but it may help. I didn't think of using it for this purpose so thanks for the suggestion, deep diver! I'll keep it on my desk and see how it works out. The voice recorder still requires that I manually delete the recordings I make, though, as opposed to having the audio automatically erased as soon as it's five minutes old. However my voice recorder does have a "delete all" function, so it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.