Looking for an LCD monitor for my MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tmoney468, Nov 27, 2007.

1. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

Hi everyone, I've been looking to get a new monitor for Christmas for my MBP and I've been trying to find all of the best 8 bit monitors out there that are widescreen and between 20-24". My parents got the Dell 2007WFP last year around this time and it's a great monitor, but they only seem to sell that monitor in their Small Business/Education websites now, not at their Dell Home site.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for a good monitor that's 8 bit? I don't think the Apple Displays are for me simply because they cost too much. Thanks for your advice/input!

2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

dell 2407wfp, or the 2405fpw if you want a lower price. i have a 2407 and its amazing. i got mine for 535.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i got my 19" widescreen for $100 off cauz they advertised it wrong lol. its a no name "hanns-g" brand thingo. but seriously its the best looking monitor i have ever seen. its so crisp and clean. i would pick it over the more expensive things.

moral to the story, dont shut out the cheap ones, they are often quite good.

4. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

yeah. I love my acer. It's a cheap monitor (22inch you can get for just under 200 online) but I spent a lot of time in the store and it was one of the best there, and at the price it's just great. Its no dell or apple, but it's petty darn nice... and the frame is silver and it matches the mbp hehe.

5. tmoney468 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bumping my thread, has anyone used this 24" HP LP2465 monitor here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2007438,00.asp

It supposedly has a S-PVA panel which isn't as good as an S-IPS panel, but it seems to have gotten pretty good reviews online.

As for the Dell 2407wfp, I've heard bad things about it's color banding and other issues, and it seems like the only one Dell sells now is the HC version, which isn't as suitable for graphic/photography work.

Anyone have any other 8-bit panels that you've used and really like the screen?

6. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

Seconded. Got the exact same model as it was very cheap and had a DVI socket. Turned out to be perfect - excellent display, slim bezel and an exact colour match for the MBP. I stuck it on a cheap (£15) VESA mount as I didn't particularly like the stand. When I get my Mac Pro I'm going to buy 2 more.

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

wow yep tht would be so good to have a couple.

the colour really does match the mbp. an amazing/cheap model :)

8. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Samsung is a brand I love, I have a 19" Syncmaster 931C. It's really light, and has great specs.