Looking for apps that allow iphone to pc and iphone to other phones voice talk via3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidck, Mar 12, 2009.

1. davidck macrumors newbie

Hi all . could any one tell me what applications allow iphone to use both wifi and 3g network to make free voice talk from iphone to pc(pc to iphone) and iphone to other smartphones such and nokia n95 . I be happy if you guys mention those applications that allow me make free voice talk communcation with pc and other smart phones such as nokia n95 .Looking forward for replies.

2. jason72780 macrumors regular

If you mean something like skype, there's fring. It only work on wifi tho

3. davidck thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply. why you think fring will not work on g3 network? so you are saying there is no solution to make iphone to other phones(or pc to iphone) free voice talk communication provided that both run same software ?

4. jason72780 macrumors regular

It is technically possible for voip on 3g. It's just not allowed. Voip apps can only work on wifi per apple.

5. davidck thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for reply. Does apple put this restriction or the data plan networks ? How about free fring to fring call over 3g ?
    well if i can't free voice talk over 3G from iphone to pc users and other mobiles that runs msn or similar software then buying a data plan for 30$ per month is just waste of money !! Furthermore,It is like Internet service providers not allowing users use msn for voice talking!!

One more thing if apple doesn't like fring then why they host it in their itune site ?
    So i guess i need to carry my laptop while i am on the road then buying an iphone !!