looking for member who bought 1gb ddr2 laptop ram off me that lives in New zealand

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
hey, i emptied my pms, only to find that i deleated with one with your address, unfortunetly i can't remember your name, but you live in New Zealand and your address didn't have a postal code, because your town was so small.. your check just cleared into my bank and i'm leaving for the post office, PLEASE PM ME YOUR ADDRESS, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.. I AM VEYR SORRY! i frequently had to delete my pm box when it only held 70 messages, now it holds 150... so if you had paid paypal i would have kept the email and just searched in spotlight, but you didn't, not a problem, but it will take longer for you to get your ram...

and yes i searched the forums, and he didn't post in my thread(s), just pm'd me!

thanks

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
i really hope i find you, because i want to ship your ram!.. i am once again so sorry... please PM me the second you see this.... you never posted in my thread(s) so i can't find you, i don't remember your name, except for that fact that it had a number or 2 in it....:confused:
hope you see this, or else i won't be able to ship nor refund you, because you sent a check, and i don't have the envelope that you sent it in anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
prostuff1 said:
Wouldn't his name and address be on the check he sent you??

I know that most personal checks have name and address on them, but some dont.

Just a thought
yes it would, but i cashed, it and the bank doesn't keep them for me... i believe they get sent back to the person whos check it was bank!....

i hope them check the marketplace soon... or can the mods, somehow see my deleted messages somehow?!

thanks,

-wes

maxterpiece

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2003
wnameth said:
yes it would, but i cashed, it and the bank doesn't keep them for me... i believe they get sent back to the person whos check it was bank!....

i hope them check the marketplace soon... or can the mods, somehow see my deleted messages somehow?!

thanks,

-wes
Some major banks allow you to access scans of cashed checks. It takes them a while to post them online though. Do you have any recollection of their login name? You could look through the member directory if you remember part but not all of it or something.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
If you replied back to them at some point, check your list of read/unread receipts. Their username should be in there if you haven't cleared that (which is a separate clear than your PM box).

Ryan

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
ITASOR said:
If you replied back to them at some point, check your list of read/unread receipts. Their username should be in there if you haven't cleared that (which is a separate clear than your PM box).

Ryan
i just checked.. they only go back to october 21st for some reason, never deleted them or touched them!!!!

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
wnameth said:
i just checked.. they only go back to october 21st for some reason, never deleted them or touched them!!!!
Holy crap, it was that long ago?

That's weird, I still have some from July '05 in there.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
ITASOR said:
Holy crap, it was that long ago?

That's weird, I still have some from July '05 in there.
sorry, let me re-word this. that is the last one. that is the the closest one to the today... i did this transaction in late december, and it took about 3 weeks to get the payment figured out....
sorry about that!

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
maxterpiece said:
Some major banks allow you to access scans of cashed checks. It takes them a while to post them online though. Do you have any recollection of their login name? You could look through the member directory if you remember part but not all of it or something.
This was the same thing i was thinking. I know my bank (huntington) does this and i can check for that kinda stuff online. Whenever i make a deposit, withdrawl, or cash a check they always scan it in and i can see it about 45 min later.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
prostuff1 said:
This was the same thing i was thinking. I know my bank (huntington) does this and i can check for that kinda stuff online. Whenever i make a deposit, withdrawl, or cash a check they always scan it in and i can see it about 45 min later.
i just checked my easyweb onlone banking, and it just says deposit for 76.xx$
it doesn't say who its from or anything, i am guessing, he would check to see if i pm'd him because he hasn't received it, i was actually supposed to ship it today, his check cleared on friday. its just that i don't have his address!

anyone have any ideas?

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
(Not to pick on you Wes)

But see why I prefer PayPal, I don't have to worry about losing anybody's name or shipping address :). Good luck with tracking him down though :).

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
amacgenius said:
(Not to pick on you Wes)

But see why I prefer PayPal, I don't have to worry about losing anybody's name or shipping address :). Good luck with tracking him down though :).
yea, i only did this, because a person on ebay was being immature and trying to get his money back for the ipods i sold (2 months after he bought them, by filing a chargeback with his credit card company) so my account was like -100US or so, an i needed the cash, so he sent a check, plus he didn't have a paypal account!

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
wnameth said:
yea, i only did this, because a person on ebay was being immature and trying to get his money back for the ipods i sold (2 months after he bought them, by filing a chargeback with his credit card company) so my account was like -100US or so, an i needed the cash, so he sent a check, plus he didn't have a paypal account!
Chargebacks suck. I did a website for someone (www.urdesi.net) and 3 months after I did it he filed a chargeback and I lost hundreds from PayPal. I'm still waiting to find out if I will win the case next month. It's riduculous how he's using the site I made him, but filed a chargeback. Oh well, atleast PayPal is fighting it for me.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
mikemodena said:
Chargebacks suck. I did a website for someone (www.urdesi.net) and 3 months after I did it he filed a chargeback and I lost hundreds from PayPal. I'm still waiting to find out if I will win the case next month. It's riduculous how he's using the site I made him, but filed a chargeback. Oh well, atleast PayPal is fighting it for me.
don't hold your breath, i gave in and refunded him in full, then he sent back my (what he says to be: chipped and cracked ipods) they looked min, just like a shipped them when i received them, but whatever, now i have a 360 and i will be receiving a 20GB 4th gen very soon, and the only reason i sold them in the first place was to buy my ibook, i guess things have a way of working there selves out!

mikemodena

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2005
Connecticut
wnameth said:
don't hold your breath, i gave in and refunded him in full, then he sent back my (what he says to be: chipped and cracked ipods) they looked min, just like a shipped them when i received them, but whatever, now i have a 360 and i will be receiving a 20GB 4th gen very soon, and the only reason i sold them in the first place was to buy my ibook, i guess things have a way of working there selves out!
Yeah.. there was no way I was gonna refund this. He was completely happy with the site, then my guess is ran into money problems and filed a chargeback. PayPal said he has no grounds for it, and that they will fight it.. but it is ultimately up to the credit card company and I won't find out till next month. I was really pissed, because doing this for a job at 16 losing a couple hundred dollars I earned was a huge blow to my bank account back when it first happened. I wanted to call the guy and leave a million nasty messages, but figured I'd be better off letting PayPal do the fighting. I've signed a subcontracting agreement with a company that gets me 2-3 sites per week and I'm doing just fine now. If the money shows up, it will be just added to my new car fund. It's all karma, I guess.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
so ya, still haven't heard from ya, i don't remember your name either... i have a brutal memory, and have been doing projects/study for exams lately and have been very busy with everything esle, makes it hard to remember stuff.. so i want to keep this thread up!

is there any way that the mods can find my deleted pms, i am guessing this is web based, or is stuff being stored on a bunch of servers? anyway.. if not, i guess i will just wait for him to pm me. when he is made because he hasn't received it yet!

thanks,

-wes

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
wnameth said:
is there any way that the mods can find my deleted pms
I tried to do an IP search for .nz (to get a list of members - hopefully you'd recognise the name) but this was unsuccessful - it seems I can only search for numeric addresses. Try PMing arn, he might be able to help.

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Nermal said:
I tried to do an IP search for .nz (to get a list of members - hopefully you'd recognise the name) but this was unsuccessful - it seems I can only search for numeric addresses. Try PMing arn, he might be able to help.
thanks, i will pm him tomorrow if i don't hear from the member

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
Nermal said:
Hmm, might it have been jap4n or zv470? They're the only NZ members I can think of with numbers.
nope definitely not is there any way to search members by location? i know you said you tried, but are you sure?

wnameth

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Canada
hey, he pm'd me, he was from Ireland actually, it is all good and i am going to ship the ram today or tomorrow, no problems, the buyer was very understanding.

you may close this thread from distracting realy marketplace sales.

thanks to all you tried to help.

-wes

XIII

macrumors 68040
Aug 15, 2004
England
How can you confuse NZ with Ireland? Mods and people have spent a lot of time looking for this guy on your behalf. Get a grip..