Looking for native OS X audio-recording app similar to GoldWave...any such thing?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Sehnsucht, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Sehnsucht macrumors 65816

GoldWave is one of the very, very, very, very FEW things I miss about Windows. GW is compatible with zillions of formats, and I like its audio-editing interface and neat effects one can do. I use VLC for playing what QuickTime can't, but now I'd like a really good audio recording/editing application. If anyone knows the best one, please chime in. :D

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

That's all you miss? Lucky you.

I presume you've tried the open-source Audacity?

Theres also Sound Studio 3 from Freeverse.

3. ChrisA macrumors G4

From what you describe even Garage Band should give you the features you need.
    Audicity is free and runs in Windows, Mac, Unix and Linux. It will do what you need too.

Logic would be total over kill for you needs as would Pro Tools, Cu Base but you might want to look into one of those more serious recording. Some of these programs are bundled with hardware and you are going to need the hardware if you are going to be recording.

If you want more specific and helpful advice make a bullet list of every feature you need and a short paragraph about how you will be using the software and for what purpose.