Looking for swimmers with Watch Series0/1

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by v1597psh, Sep 16, 2017.

1. v1597psh macrumors regular

v1597psh

I'm looking for people who swim with their Apple Watch 1st generation or Series 1 on regular bases. How is your watch held up so far? I'm still debating on whether to upgrade from 1st gen to Series 3 or not just for swimming purposes. I found an app called Swim.com that calculates how much I swam in the pool. And it works pretty well even with 1st gen Watch.

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Why taking a chance? It can do a job, but it's never designed to do. If something goes wrong you're on your own. It's never smart to be risky.

3. profets macrumors 601

I swam with my original Apple Watch a lot in 2015 & 2016 before the Series 2 launched. It held up fine. Thinking back though, not sure if I would have taken that risk again.

4. v1597psh thread starter macrumors regular

v1597psh

I know that Series 0 and 1 are not designed for swimming but IPX7 standard allows it to be submerged for up to 1m for 30 mins which fits my needs as a swimmer. So that's why I'm looking for feedback from people who did take that risk

5. FiremanMike macrumors regular

I didn't swim laps, but when we'd take the boat out and I'd jump in, I had my watch on (series 1) with no issues. It regularly stayed submerged for minutes at a time..

There's a pretty great review site out there (although it's a bit old) where a guy wears his series one swimming and diving with no issues.