Looking for the 4S? Try Walmart.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric8199, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, decided yesterday to get the iPhone 4S. Called the local Verizon stores. Was told three-week wait. Apple Stores were out. Best Buy was out. Walked into my local Walmart store (West Branch, Mi if you want to know) and they had every flavor, and several. Been playing with my white 16gb since last night.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Verizon iPhones are easy to get, right now 4 of the 5 Apple stores in Michigan (all but Somerset) have multiple size/color choices in stock for Verizon. Finding AT&T phones is much harder :(

3. Waggins macrumors newbie

What about sprint?

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Sprint is not as easy to find as Verizon but they're still a lot easier than AT&T.

My nearest Apple store right now is showing all 6 Verizon models in stock, and for Sprint they have Black 32GB and both colors 64GB. They have no AT&T at all. This is 2 hours after the new stock went up at 9PM CST. I have no doubt that if I'd checked right at 9:00 all Sprint models would have been available.

Start checking about 8:55PM local time each night, won't take you long if you are looking for Sprint phones (and no problem at all for Verizon):

http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects...roduct?lang=en&country=US&prelaunch=MC918LL_A

5. Waggins macrumors newbie

I've been checking every night at about 8:50 and refreshing at 8:59 for about 2 or 3 minutes. No luck. Nothing's available at all to reserve.

6. Jmclark macrumors regular

I wish that were the case here. I'm on a pretty long waiting list for the next 4S shipment from Verizon.

And OP, I would go check out Walmart, but I put a $50 deposit on my waiting list spot at the VZW store so I'm kinda stuck there.