Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

allmIne

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2008
United Kingdom
Good, plentiful feedback. Powerseller status. Paypal offered, as is collection in person. Distance selling laws adhered to.

It is cheap though. To be honest, I'm unsure, though I'm inclined to think it's genuine. I'd e-mail and ask re the collection in person; if they're willing to agree to that, you'll more than likely be ok, given all of the above.

Good luck.

mediamab

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
Good, plentiful feedback. Powerseller status. Paypal offered, as is collection in person. Distance selling laws adhered to.

It is cheap though. To be honest, I'm unsure, though I'm inclined to think it's genuine. I'd e-mail and ask re the collection in person; if they're willing to agree to that, you'll more than likely be ok, given all of the above.

Good luck.

yeah i do agree it all seems fine and I have just asked for photos and whether i can pick up... he has really good feedback and just emailed someone who recently bought a macbook from him...

everything else he sells seems a "good" price but this is an amazing price... maybe i could just snap up a bargain.. almost enough for the 24" screen =D

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I wouldn't worry from a seller like that. The problems are when someone is selling 40 of them at a cut rate price. Recently, there was a seller selling them for a huge discount, and turned out was a scam. But, I wouldn't worry there with this one. The seller seems legit.

Although I was wrong about last one... as long as you pay via PayPal, and buy from a reputable seller, you should be safe.

Good luck.

jax1234

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2009
british pounds

Hiya everyone,

Im looking at purchasing a new macbook air.. with the same spec as the link below.. but from apple it is considerably more - the seller seems to have good feedback and appears genuine.. and says it is cheaper as he purchases wholesale...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200321473912

shall i go for it?

Any advice appreciated...

Cheers[/QUOTE]

You're actually paying 1843 dollars once you do the conversion to dollars from pounds.

creon

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
I always go by the saying, "If it is too good to be true...it is." This being said, if you do your homework and e-mail the seller, you should be in the clear on this one. Also, judging by the seller's rating I would be confident in this purchase.

The real question is that if the purchase does turn to be a hoax, would the time and energy trying to get your money back be worth the money you could of spent if buying it @ the Apple store? Just some food for thought...

jax1234

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2009
new macbook air

Hiya everyone,

Im looking at purchasing a new macbook air.. with the same spec as the link below.. but from apple it is considerably more - the seller seems to have good feedback and appears genuine.. and says it is cheaper as he purchases wholesale...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200321473912

shall i go for it?

Any advice appreciated...

I will be getting a new macbook air, same specs as this one. I am having buyers remorse as I think I want the new mac pro 17 inch. It should be here today (los angeles) Would you like to buy it/ I would agree to take a loss on it and save you tax etc...I have also ordered lots of extras. Let me know jax1234@aol.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.