Looking for values on a variety of classic/old Macs including IIci and 20th anniv

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Drewswa77, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Drewswa77 macrumors member

My local habitat of humanity store contacted me today saying they had a bunch of old Macs donated.
    Here is a quick list.

1. 20th anniversary Mac, works saw it running.

2. Macintosh IIci.

3. Macintosh SE 1mbram 800k drive 20sc HD

4. A few powerPC Perfomas, 6500/300, 7500/100, 6500/300

5. 2 laser printers, Laserwriter 8500, Personal Laser Writer NTR

6. 1 color stylewriter 2500

7. Radius Color pivot display Model 0277

There is some other random stuff but thats about it. I know the 20th anniversary, Mac SE and maybe IIci will have value but not sure about the others. Ebay didn have much of any of this stuff listed.
    Can anyone help?

thanks.

2. MacTech68, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

I've always wanted a TAM (even though these are horribly slow).

One was just offered on eBay for $800 Canadian, but it didn't sell.

The Radius Pivot displays were a cute idea, but IIRC, they needed a special video card and drivers.

I've seen MacSE's being bid on eBay recently for a hundred or so dollars US oddly enough.
    ________
    sativa strains

3. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

Pay whatever they want for the Twentieth Anniversary Mac.

The LaserWriter 8500 was the best and fastest Laserwriter ever. I'd pick it up if you have use for it. The 6500/300's are pretty good computers and are worth about $40 if they've got a decent amount of RAM and HD in them. I'd honestly say the rest of them are junk unless you're just crazy about em. SE's and II series Macs will show up for $5 or free at yardsales all the time.

4. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

A lot of the vintage prices on Ebay are totally over the top at the moment, but if people are dumb enough to pay them then so be it.
    The TAM is extremely desirable, I'd pay a fair bit for this as I think the price will continue to go up so look on it as an investment. It's not actually a good machine but it looks pretty nice.
    The Performas aren't worth much, I'd guess about £10-£15 each as they are the 300 mhz 6500's, the PM 7500 about £8-£10.
    The IIci, at the moment probably not worth a great deal. The 040's are faster and as the IIci was so popular it doesn't have great rarity value. Maybe worth something in the long run.
    The SE you could possibly get around £30 for, working examples of AIO 68k's are getting increasingly rare due to blown capacitors and just being thrown out, again, in the future a good condition one could make a tidy sum.
    Stylewriter 2500, well you may be able to give it away ;)

5. awmazz macrumors 65816

The SC20 external SCSI hard drive is worth having.