Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
i checked online reservation last night after 9 pm and no apple store have a white iphone 4s 64GB in stock... i want to buy it as device only (off contract) , did any one had any luck finding one in NYC ? any store ?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
If you didn't get to reserve one at 9 pm, then you'll have to keep trying the next day at 9:00 PM and do it fast, you will eventually get to reserve one.

ansabakhan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2010
looking for a AT&T one !

----------

If you didn't get to reserve one at 9 pm, then you'll have to keep trying the next day at 9:00 PM and do it fast, you will eventually get to reserve one.

ohh i gues i was trying around 9:45 pm ... they go that fast?

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011

Start trying at about 8:50 with frequent refreshes in multiple browser windows. They show up usually between 8:55 and 9:00.

Forget about 9:45, 9:05 is probably too late.

film major

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2008
It is incredibly hard to get a 4S in NYC right now. I was lucky to get one on launch day.

A buddy at work just broke his iPhone4's screen so he's been trying to get a 4S for the past couple of days with no luck.

madKIR

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2010
NYC
I got one (64 GB White) 2 days ago!
I had been trying to reserve it for a week with no luck. You gotta start around 8:55pm, by 9:15pm everything is taken. I tried different web browsers with no luck at all. You're better off using the iPhone app, it goes through most of the time unlike crashing web browsers.
You can also take your chances every morning when the stores open: they do sell new iPhones on this basis again.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
If you have a friend that lives on the West Coast have them get one for you. I have seen several of that exact spec here in stores. Both Apple and AT&T. I just bought one for my wife, and that's why I know.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
looking for a AT&T one !

----------

Um. Yeah...they go pretty fast. As others have said, get few browsers up. Technically Apple doesn't start the reservation until the server time hits 9 pm (your local time). It also depends where you are, if you are in one of the major cities, then most likely you will have to act fast.

I learned about this on October 20th (I know they did the reservation system earlier), I managed to reserve one and picked it up the next day. I wasn't able to reserve until 9:03 PM because it kept saying unavailable. At around 9:02 PM before it turned 9:03 PM it changed to "Available"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.