Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No, buy these: _____

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jbunker7

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2014
I’m looking for a pair of earbuds / headphones to be my daily drivers, so to speak. Yes, I have an iPhone. Also an Apple Watch Series 4

What I already have:
  • AudioTechnica M50x’s, mostly for around the house. I’d mostly be using a new set while out-and-about and am happy to sacrifice a bit of audio quality.
  • Pair of solid Anker earbuds for working out, so I’m fine without a high IP / rugged pair of headphones / earbuds.
What (I think) I’m looking for:
  • Battery life: I often am out most of the day, so battery life is key. Ideally, I’d like something like 7+ hours, if it comes with charging case like AirPods or other “fully wireless” buds, I think 4 hours is my minimum without a case
  • Convenience: I don’t want to deal with cords- needs to be wireless. When I’m out, I take out and put my earbuds pretty often- Easy to stash away, like AirPods, would be a huge perk. Something easy and quick to pair like AirPods also would be nice.
  • Audio quality: good, anything above is icing. Again, I have a trusty pair of M50x’s for when I want higher audio quality, so not as important as above 2 factors.
  • Price: I’d say AirPods (~$160) are about as high as I’d like to go. Could be talked into a bit higher (e.g., $200) if a very good argument can be made
I’ve been eyeing AirPods, but also I’m a bit worried by rumors of a near-approaching update, plus the price seems just a bit high. I think, with either a ColorWare paint job or a case, black AirPods look a lot sleeker. I’ve heard a bit about other earbuds that might trump AirPods in some / many areas, but I don’t know if any pairs touch AirPods in terms of iPhone integration.

Closingracer

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2010
Well the close you’ll get to 7 hours is 6 and I believe the ones from JBL that was announced at CES or audio technica said they offered 6 hours but the latter is $250. Other then that you have the jaybird run XT ( from what I heard better connection), Jabra elite 65t and the AirPods with 4-5 hours. The AirPods haven been rumored to be “upgraded” for months and even with them they are minor so I wouldn’t even wait. Price wise these are on the lower end of premium wireless buds so price is fine.

akidokraja

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
I honestly think that nothing can come close to AirPods. How smooth it works with Apple products it’s amazing. I had probably 30 different headphones/earphones wired and wireless. There are only two negatives with AirPods:
Super slippery and easy to lose.
Battery after a year is closer to 4 hours outside of the case (but it recharges extremely quickly once you docked them in the case).
If the new ones can improve on battery life that would be amazing.

Reactions: mizzourah

alecgold

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2007
NLD
I was looking for them, but can’t find them anywhere.
Apple website gives 21st of feb as first option for pick up.