Looking forward, 2020 Presidential elections.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DearthnVader, Nov 8, 2018.

1. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

Now that we are passed the midterms we can begin the countdown to the Iowa caucus.

As an independent that leans (R), here are some people I would like to see run:

(D)

1. John Kerry

I know John ran before, in 2004, and lost out, but I really like some of the things he got done as Secretary of State. I think he is well liked, and well respected by Democrats and moderates.

2. Joe Biden

Tho a bit of a gaff machine, people respect Joe, I think he is well liked by blue dogs and working class people, and I'm 100% sure he could win back PA from Trump.

(R) I know it's not normal for a sitting President to face primary challenges from his own party, however these are not normal times. President Trump has thus far failed to move to the center, has refused to distance himself from white nationalist and other outright racists. He also uses twitter to tweet out some outlandish falsehoods, and just otherwise post unwise things. He also attacks the media for doing it's job, and just acts in a manner unbecoming his office.

1. Nikki Haley

I just like Nikki, always have, I think we could do a lot worse than have her as our first woman President. I think she plays well with the Republican base and moderates.

2. Mit Romney

I don't really like Mit, never did, however I have a good feeling he is going to try and appose Trump in a primary fight in 2020. I could be wrong, the party may tell Mit he has to wait until Trump is done, and he may listen to them.

Thoughts, who would you like to see run in 2020?

2. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

After 2016, I'm fully on this bandwagon.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not opposed to the Giant Meteor either.

3. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Kerry is to old
    Biden is way to old
    Hailey meh
    Romney meh and old

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Biden will be 76 on November 20th. He is too old to be President in my opinion.

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don’t think the criticisms of Hilary’s age were illegitimate IMO.