Looks like apple might be getting a slap on the wrists in the UK

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by sim667, May 1, 2012.

1. sim667 macrumors 65816

The advertising authorities here are investigating apple over their claims that it provides a 4G data service in the UK. It turns out even when 4G does get rolled out in the UK it wont actually be compatible with a UK 4G network (I dont understand the ins and outs of it).

Anyway, apple, advertising what they cant deliver :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17899912

2. smoledman macrumors 68000

Apple notices this like an aircraft carrier notices the waves.

3. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Apple don't actually advertise it as 4G anymore. They were doing so but were obviously caught out. I'll be honest, when the rumours of 4G iPads started to build up I did think "Will they release a US-only version with 4G and then an international version?" which they did not do but I wish they had because this is just confusing.

At the end of the day, it's the same price as the iPad 2 with 3G was. If they had increased the price because of the 4G capability it'd be an outrage, but at the moment it's a case of "It's 3G in the UK, but 4G elsewhere."

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

It's not like iPad is the only one of Apple's products that is missing features or content in the UK.

Apple TV is another - there's practically no content on there for UK users except the iTunes Store.

5. sim667 thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought that was the only content available worldwide (itunes content) what else is missing?

Mine a jailbroken with plex anyway....... much more usuable :)