Looks Like August 13

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
11,219
0
San Diego, CA
Well...since the current PowerMac display promo ends August 12th...duh!!!

What will be weird is if they announce new PowerMacs at MWNY...how the Hell would they expect to sell anything for the next month!?!?!
 

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
1,708
0
As much as it hurts to say it...

Aug. 13th makes sense. The Crystal Savings promo will end. They'll have Jaguar ready.

Yes, people will be disappointed at the Expo, but at least they've been warned (by Thinksecret and Cnet).

If they start shipping the new systems ON Aug. 13th AND it's a system loaded with upgrades, I'm all for it. Apple normally takes a while to ship announced systems anyways. By holding off the announcement, they'll have a month to clear inventory.

My only concern is that the Thinksecrets rumor mentioned something about 1.2 ghz being the top end. THAT would disappoint me. And a lot of other people as well, I'm sure.
 

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
1,074
0
why cant we get an update for really easy networking w/a PC? either Dave or smb, though both are a little bit of a pain.

the PCs are here, we can't bury our heads in the sand and ignore 'em.

this may get more corporate clients
 

Q-bert

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2002
42
0
Originally posted by big
why cant we get an update for really easy networking w/a PC? either Dave or smb, though both are a little bit of a pain.

the PCs are here, we can't bury our heads in the sand and ignore 'em.

this may get more corporate clients
Check out the various reports on Jaguar, I believe it has direct browsing of Windows networks thru the Connect to Server dialog, without typing in SMB addresses like you have to do in 10.1. It looks like there's no need for DAVE anymore...
 

billiam0878

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2002
299
0
Winter Park, FL
Re: As much as it hurts to say it...

Originally posted by dongmin
My only concern is that the Thinksecrets rumor mentioned something about 1.2 ghz being the top end. THAT would disappoint me. And a lot of other people as well, I'm sure.
I believe the words were "PowerMacs in excess of 1.2GHz" which could either mean topping out above 1.2GHz, or beginning at 1.2 and reaching even higher. Either sounds like good news if their prediction prooves correct.

Bill
 

ponyboy

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
217
0
SLC UT/Italy
Re: As much as it hurts to say it...

Originally posted by dongmin
Yes, people will be disappointed at the Expo, but at least they've been warned (by Thinksecret and Cnet)
I really believe apple will not make a move like this without something big up thier sleeves, they know there will be many that are disappointed, but if they can give us something big at the expo to talk about for a month it might not matter so much
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.