iPad Looks like my iPad mini problems were caused by Auxo being installed on my iPhone!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by guitarmandp, Apr 13, 2013.

1. guitarmandp macrumors 6502

It looks like the iPad mini that was just given back to apple and exchanged for a refurb, it may have nothing wrong with it

Turns out that a tweak called Auxo that I have installed is severely crippling my hotspot speed. I was back down to .5 MB/second, I just uninstalled Auxo and my speed is back at 20 megabytes per second

I feel stupid for thinking it was a problem with my mini

Ever since Auxo was released for iOS 6 it's been filled with problems, first my car Bluetooth wouldn't work which they "fixed" but now I get a super slow hotspot.

Amazes me how a tweak that the only thing it has to do with Bluetooth is having a toggle can destroy my Bluetooth

Here's a screen shot of my Speedtests using my hotspot, before and after Auxo was installed.

[​IMG]

2. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

and you didn't think of putting the phone in safe mode?

3. tygrubb macrumors regular

The OP mentioned earlier about uninstalling Mobile Substrate and still having the issue. Don't know if booting into Safe Mode was actually tried. To be fair to the OP, I thought Safe Mode was just related to Mobile Substrate, too.

Well...I just ran a preview of uninstalling Mobile Substrate, and Auxo was in the the top of the many, many things that are dependent on it and would have been uninstalled. So if the OP did uninstall Mobile Substrate as indicated, Auxo would have gone with it and therefore couldn't be the issue by itself.

OP, I thought you said earlier that you had restored to stock and still had the issue in-store when they swapped it?

4. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

Have you read my post. I restored my iPad mini to stock, not my iPhone 5. I tether with my iPad mini using my iPhone 5 as a hotspot. I thought my extremely slow wifi was an iPad mini problem. In a previous post I asked if it was okay to restore from backup because I feared some "legacy settings" killed my Wifi.

It was about 3 days ago when my LTE hotspot went from 20-30 MB/s to less than 1 MB a second. Since it had been a while since I installed any new tweaks on my phone (other than updates), I strongly felt that the wifi antenna in my iPad mini was somehow defective.

I was also getting slow speeds at the Apple store but later when I swapped iPad mini's they told me that their wifi had been "horrible the last few days", and when one of the apple store employees ran speed test on their iPhone it was the same speed as my iPad mini.

Then I noticed the new iPad mini had the same problem as the old one and my 4th generation iPad was also getting less than 1 Megabyte speeds. My next thought was to try the hotspot using USB instead of Bluetooth and then it hit me. I remembered a few weeks ago that I couldn't pair my car bluetooth with my iPhone 5 and it was discovered that Auxo was the problem. I uninstalled Auxo on my iPhone 5 and I got close to 20 megs a second on my phone and I was at a restaurant tonight and got over 30. Clearly Auxo is the problem.

This is why Apple hates jailbreakers. You have somebody install a very buggy tweak and all of the sudden it costs Apple time and money.

----------

I uninstalled every single tweak on my iPad mini. I went to the Apple store to see how well my iPad mini would perform on their wifi and I was getting very slow download speeds but later right before I left the employees told me their wifi had been extremely slow the past few days and when I had one of the employees test the speed it matched the same speed as my iPad mini.

This is exactly why Apple does not like jailbreakers despite what they wrote on iDownloadblog. I just gave up an iPad that there was nothing wrong with thanks to a poorly written tweak.

5. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

I have no problems at all with Auxo on my i5. Please don't generalize the issue because that's not entirely true.

On your device, Auxo may seem the problem, doesn't mean it is poorly written or whatever. ;)

6. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

I have been using Auxo since more than 2 months now. And I have not been having any issues. You have to note that combination of tweaks can also be a problem. And it's not that if u uninstalled, the issue is gone. Some time the tweaks leave some residue files and they can also cause issues.

Agreed, Auxo has been really buggy in the initial phase but now I think they have worked out many major bugs. And I don't face any issues. The last I faced was not able to open the apps with Siri and with the latest update even that was resolved.

7. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

Are you using Tetherme with Auxo and what version of Auxo are you using? I stand by mystatement. If it screws up my hotspot connection then it is poorly written.

----------

No the issue is gone. I posted the screen shot as proof. My hotspot was 20 times faster with Auxo uninstalled. People also reported that they were able to pair their bluetooth to their cars again by uninstalling Auxo.

Obviously the bugs have not been fixed. I'm considering downloading the pirated version because it's an older version and I hardly ever use my car bluetooth.

8. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

nuff said

9. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I see now your accusing me of downloading the pirated version and blaming having a cracked version as the problem. I have a paid version but I checked and the pirated version is on 1.3.5. My problems really started when I upgraded to 1.4.2

10. MewTech macrumors member

Welcome to any Apple forum. Where when something messes up, it's because you pirated it.

Seriously people. Grow up. Things have bugs, get the stick out of your asses.

11. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

Most of my tweaks are paid for but I do have some pirated tweaks. I will say this, I have never downloaded a cracked tweak or app that had the bugs that my paid version of Auxo has had. First it screws up your car bluetooth and now it throttles the speed of your hotspot.

12. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I love that whenever someone posts a bug about an app/tweak, everyone jumps in and says it's perfect because they haven't had an issue.

I have had issues with Auxo, myself. It's a tweak that has/had bugs. I don't see what's wrong in talking about it. I still use it and enjoy it, and most of the stuff that was broken for me, is now working fine... the developer is working on things.

Thanks to the OP, I'm going to check if my tethering speed has been effected as well. I assumed that it was my signal at work.

Edit: I want to note that I do not have any pirated tweaks on my iOS devices.

13. guitarmandp thread starter macrumors 6502

This is why Apple does not like jailbreakers. I just had the Apple Store replace a perfectly working device. Who knows what they do with it. If they let people just run wild any download anything, you'd have far more warranty issues.

If you have an older version of Auxo you should be fine. It's the newer version where they "fixed" Bluetooth bugs (but obviously created new ones) that gave me the issue.

14. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

They run it through some tests, replace any parts that have scuffs or scratches, issue a new serial number and sell it as a refurbished unit.

15. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

Auxo and zaphyr should really be banned from cydia they are a scam expensive and responsibe for all sorts of problems with people's idivice.

At the very least they should display a message install at your own risk.

16. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

By jailbreaking your device, you are doing so at your own risk. Installing apps is an extension of that and therefore you should know they could cause issues.

Man up people, take responsibility for your own actions. You jailbroke your device, and that means anything could go wrong.

17. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Sounds to me it could have been problems with the Mini actually. I've been having issues with slow WIFI on mine.

18. nanolife macrumors 6502

nanolife

It is easier to blame the tweaks/apps. It happens with the most simplest things in life, jailbreaking the phone wouldn't be out of it, of course. ;)