Looks like the rumor is soon to be confrimed about the Macbook Refresh

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by chrisedmonds, Sep 30, 2009.

1. chrisedmonds macrumors newbie

Hey everybody I went into Best buy this morning to look at the Macbooks, And I started to talk to one of the employees there. And he had heard about it to, but was unsure. Now before any of you say dont belive the employee all the time, trust me I dont either. But we ran on the website Iphonedaily.com
    And it say that the Macbook was already in production and probley going to be released on Oct 14! Also its called right know the Macbook Brick, I beleive. And thats a smaller Aluminium body, LED screen, And lower price point! Heres the link.

http://iphonedaily.com/apple-new-macbook-aggressive-entry-level-price-point/

But I wanted to let everyone know that in the store the site displayed fine, but when I got to work to post this the page did not display well at all, but I think that it is because of all the firewalls and blocks we have here at work. Also this is of another site so PLEASE TAKE THIS AT FACE VALUE, AS THIS IS NOT TRULY CONFRIMED YET, BUT IT LOOKS TRUE, SO WE WILL SEE. Thanks!

:eek::):D:apple:

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Looks like some Chinese website. I don't think we will see a MacBook update. We just saw one in June.

3. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

The MacBook "Brick" was the rumor prior to the release of the Unibody models last October. Brick referred to the single piece of aluminum to make the lower case of the MacBook. Your "rumor" source sounds about a year late...

4. chrisedmonds thread starter macrumors newbie

what really...darn...:( Well that really put a damper on my day. So I appoligize for the wrong info, sorry guys my bad for not catching a date. Well I really happy to see a refresh and new price point. But I still hope something happens along these lines in the near future.

5. dextermorgan macrumors member

I worked at Best Buy until very recently. No one there (not even the Apple rep) knew anything about new products. The confusion when the new iPods were released was down right comical.

6. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

This post is written too poorly to make any sense or have any credibility. My head hurts trying to finish reading it.

7. Emitor macrumors newbie

Emitor

I agree, why do so many people shorten their words now online? This isn't a txt messaging conversation. :( Txt messaging is making us all stupid

8. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

same at the local best buy. They are very nice and truly try to help but as the apple rep told me, he gets all his viable news, updates, and tips mainly from forums and websites.

Here is the article tranlated:
    Apple will soon be the new MacBook rumor has been passed down for some time .... As early as a few days would be a good look at the press conference Apple announced the new MacBook ... Unfortunately, expectations are not right now.

熱鬧過後, 大家以為會平靜下來… 但外國媒體又傳出新MacBook 的傳聞了. 而且更傳出Apple 快將推出平價入門MacBook! After the excitement, we thought it would calm down ... but the foreign media also reported rumors of a new MacBook. But also heard Apple will soon launch cheap entry MacBook!

根據外國財經網站的報導, Citigroup 的Richard Gardner 近日“探訪” 了Apple 一次. 外國的傳媒是這樣寫的: According to overseas reports of financial Web site, Citigroup's Richard Gardner recently "visited" the Apple one. Foreign media is written like this:

He also confirmed that shipments of new MacBooks have begun; he says the most distinctive features of the new MacBooks are “very thin aluminum casing, an LED-backlit display and an aggressive entry-level price point.” He also confirmed that shipments of new MacBooks have begun; he says the most distinctive features of the new MacBooks are "very thin aluminum casing, an LED-backlit display and an aggressive entry-level price point."

意思即是“他確認了新的MacBook 的貨運已經開始了. 他說, 新MacBook 最獨特的是“非常薄的鋁殼, LED 背光display 和非常進取的外門級價位” Which means, "he confirmed the new MacBook's cargo has already begun. He said that the new MacBook is the most unique" very thin aluminum shell, LED-backlit display and a very aggressive price of the outer gate, "

難道Apple 見超平電腦勢如破竹, 所以想入加這個“超平” 行列? 如果真是這樣就好了! 用家有褔! Does Apple see Chao-ping a computer like gangbusters, so would like to add this into the "super-flat" list? If so, like the! Users can Fook!

9. devburke Guest

Hell, I was talking to the girl at the Genius Bar the other day and she told me they don't even find out about new released until the day they're released, the same time as all of us, so they have to play catch up on the training real fast. If the Apple Store employees aren't told, the Best Buy employees definitely aren't told.

10. berol macrumors member

11. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Your'e only making it worse

12. dextermorgan macrumors member

Very true. I had the same conversation with someone in the Apple Store and they told me that they used to get info ahead of time, but too many leaks happened.