loose/disjointed bottom edge of the display bezel in macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by enigmanos, Oct 12, 2008.

1. enigmanos macrumors newbie

so I have a problem concerning this part of macbook. two bottom holding tabs -around the hinges area- of the display bazel ( that part of plastic where the word "MacBook" is written )can be so easily freed by single touching this plastic toward the keyboard. Is this a common problem? should i be woorrrrrrrried? thanks for answers.it keeps doing soo sometimes but it's really annoying.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Not a common problem but it does happen - there are, I think, 10 clips along the bottom edge of the bezel.

Try pushing them all back in - you will hear them "click". They don't normally break but one of your clips might be. Apple usually also put adhesive along the bottom edge (in case the 10 clips are not enough...)

3. enigmanos thread starter macrumors newbie

did anyone have it recently? is it a problem accepted by apple? i ve seen many times a film showing disassembling that part and i was visibly seen that the bezel can be easily taken away - i mean you dont have to use much force. is it right?

4. enigmanos thread starter macrumors newbie

everytime i close the lid, the left bottom bezel due to loose hinge goes apartt. it's really annoying when you have to press it back over and over again

5. hazoomeh macrumors member

6. enigmanos thread starter macrumors newbie

7. tooz macrumors 6502

bump bump bump

I got this on my 2008 Unibody macbook (refurb).
    just above the hinge, the black bezel is loose :(
    should i ring up apple, get them to fix it? or would they just give me another refurb (in Australia BTW)

any ideas?