Loose glass?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jkim3691, Sep 22, 2012.

1. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Anyone else's glass a little loose? When I press down on the top left hand side, I can feel it give in a little. Strange cause other corners are fine. Not too concerned about it, but just wanted to see since we have been experiencing poor QC.

2. jkim3691 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Man, I guess I'm the only one?

I can hear it creak when I squeeze on it.

3. DannyTrose macrumors member

My bottom left corner has that same issue. :\

4. Nyy8 macrumors 6502a

Nyy8

Nope, Just tired it. Very Sturdy, I have a iP5 Black&Slate if that helps.

5. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

Return it. It may not seem like much but A) it won't develop into a further problem, and B) it adds more refurb units to the store. Win win!

6. jkim3691 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you going to do anything about yours? It bugs me a little, but I'd rather have that issue than a bunch of dents and scuffs that come out of the box.

7. close2reality macrumors 6502

mine deos it when it wants..sometimes if i press bottom right of glass it does it slightly..other times it wont.

8. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Mine is definitely loose in the top left and i noticed it by the weird sound of vibrating alerts. The vibration sounded off compared to my i4 and tinny like something was loose. I started investigating and noticed the the top left wast depressing when i squeezed and making funny creaking noised. When i pinch the top left, the vibrations sounds perfect. I have a genius appointment tomorrow, but dont feel real confident on stock. Everything else about the phone was perfect so far. Black 64gb Verizon.

9. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

There have been some reports of missing screws. Are both of the screws on the bottom of your phone there?

10. DannyTrose macrumors member

Not sure yet, just don't want it to become an issue later down the road.

11. jkim3691 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I saw the same thing, but no, none of my screws are missing.

12. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Screws are intact

13. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

They gave me the option of a retail exchange or a service model (which would be new). I would prefer the retail exchange, unfortunately, they are out of stock. I will continue to use this model until they get some in. The manager gave me her card and said they will take care of me when they get stock. So now i just have to play the waiting game.

14. SR71 macrumors 68000

Definitely go to the Genius Bar to have it checked out. It could lead to other issues that could end up being worse. When you get it replaced have the Genius examine the new phone before bringing it home with you. My Genius OFFERED to look at my replacement iPhone 5 (mine had dents) to make sure it didn't have any imperfections. The replacement is flawless. Apple support is incredible. I didn't even have an appointment either. Just walked right in, told them the issue, 20 mins later I had a new phone.

15. millerhifi macrumors regular

Mine too suffered from the same issue and I was debating whether to address it or not. Decided that I should address it so I just stopped at the Apple store and they replaced it, no questions asked. Mine also had a couple minor blemishes out of the box which bothered me but they were very minor. This one I fully inspected before accepting and it's flawless.

Restore in process now. :)

So my recommendation is for you to do the same! They hadn't see this issue in my Apple store yet but were glad I came in to address it.

16. jkim3691 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have pretty much a cosmetically perfect phone as is, and there are so many defects out there I'm afraid I'll draw a bad card. I'm probably going to pass on replacing mine.

17. millerhifi macrumors regular

I agree and had the same concerns as you but that was bothering me so I went ahead and bit the bullet and did it anyways. No more ding (that I didn't do) to look at anymore and when I polish it, like I seem to do every 5 mins I don't have to hear the creak anymore. :)