Loose home button? (iPhone 5)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Sep 28, 2012.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Seems like my home button is a little lose and its kind of annoying. I sometimes think i click but i actually dont because the button just gives a little. I also found a microscopic scratch that im not happy about but also dont really care about (lol).

Is there an email address or something where I could just report these issues so theyre documented for when I exchange later?

Thanks fellas.

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

interested in this too... I'd like to at least be able to note things on my account. I think if they added this, they would be able to curb so many returns.

Like me for example... my camera AND sleep/wake buttons rattle... a lot. Like just switching my phone from one hand to the other, I can hear it. If I had the ability to "make a note" on my account at this point in time, I would gladly keep the thing and just tolerate the noise knowing that it's been noted and would be considered should one of the two functions fail somewhere down the line.

Instead, I'm forced to decide if I want to send it back and "roll the dice" for either a quieter phone or some other, new issue.

My local car dealership allows for "note making" on my account. My wiper motor on my drivers side makes an interesting noise. Works fine but makes the faintest noise from the gear. Instead of replacing what could be a fully functioning part, they are just making note of it. Should something break just outside of my warranty period, I have full confidence that they will reference that note and cover it under goodwill.

It's very possible that it may last the lifetime of the vehicle and never become an issue. A few keystrokes of "note taking" in the event of failure down the line could be saving them the cost of parts/labor for an unnecessary fix

(disclaimer: I don't drive my car much in the rain. I have 2 cars. If I thought the wiper would QUIT WORKING, I would have it fixed.)

3. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

4. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not gonna lie, this is getting ****ing annoying! Feels like a double click each time. Arghhhh.