Loose iPhone 5 battery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arisian, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Hello all,

Quick question. I'm one of the many who have the issue with something rattling inside the iPhone5. I'm pretty sure it's the battery coming unglued from the casing. It's bad enough that I'm considering letting Apple know.

Here is my question and would appreciate any advice:

I purchased two iPhone 5's from Verizon because my wife and I had been living overseas for 5 years and needed a fresh contract.

Do I call Apple or call Verizon.

I'd obviously prefer to call Apple because of a decades worth of awesome customer care and how Verizon customer care kinda sucks. Beyond that, I feel Apple will replace the phone, like it should be.

Thoughts? Thanks er'body!

-Brian

2. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

If you have a local apple store just go there, apples customer service is great.

3. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

None to speak of... :-D

4. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

call apple care and pray that they don't consider it user damage, at a store they'll probably just glue the battery back in place or if they couldn't be bothered with it they'll just replace it.

5. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

just call apple care!

they can send you a box, send the phone back. they send replacement.. or pay $29.99 for them to send you replacement (plus a hold on your card) and you send the defective phone back in the box. You can probably get out of paying the $29.99 since there are no apple store near you.

6. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

So this is all despite having purchased it through Verizon?

Dumb question, I know... me stoopid. No smart.

7. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Yes. AppleCare handles all warranty issues. If you have a local verizon shop, you could alway stop in and see I'd they'll swap it out but your best bet is to call AC.

8. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Really now. I think you might want to stop giving out advice if that's what you think will go down at the Apple store.

9. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I read multiple stories and they either glued the battery down or just flat out replaced it.

10. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Something is loose in there. Could be a lot of different things.
    Call Apple and they will make it right.

11. Kon33 macrumors newbie

I went to my local Apple store twice for this problem. The second time I had to argue to get them to just glue back the battery. They wanted to swap it out and since I had no issues other than this with my phone, I didn't want to take a chance of getting one that was defective in some way.
    So far, so good 2 weeks later.

12. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Apple manufactures the phone, Verizon provides the service. A loose battery is a manufacturer issue, call Apple. Call Verizon when you cant access your voice mail, dropped calls etc.

13. ShaunOK macrumors member

If someone in the UK has an iPhone on contract would they take a faulty phone to an Apple store then rather than the phone networks store?