Los Anges iPhone 6 plus Saturday plan of attack

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by whiteshadoww, Sep 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

whiteshadoww

Anyone in LA looking for a iphone 6 Plus space gray get shut out today (Friday)?

From what you've read and hear; what's the best plan of attack for this weekend?

Do you guys think there will be additional plus inventory delivered tonight? Which Apple Store should we go to get the best chance at a SG plus (64 or 128)?

2. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

During product launches the larger Apple stores will get shipments every day.
    You would need to go to the store as early as you can and line up to see what comes in.

3. superbad macrumors regular

Do you know what time stores open up tomorrow? I heard regular hours.

I would hit these stores:
    3rd St Promenade
    Beverly center
    Pasadena
    The Grove
    Americana at Brand

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I believe that it's back to regular hours tomorrow.
    I don't know the stores il in that neck of the woods. In down in Orange county.

If you want to come down this far. We have some of the largest stores in the state.
    Irvine Spectrum, Fashion Island Newport Beach, which is a huge store that will certainly get good shipments every day.

5. superbad macrumors regular

I was able to preorder before sleeping and I have my 6+ silver 128 now. Thanks! Turns out smaller stores opened at 9. While bigger stores, opened at 8. I'm so glad I checked stock.

6. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

You pre-ordered last night and then picked it up today?
    Wow, that's sweet.
    What time did you do place the pre-order?

7. superbad macrumors regular

Around 4am then the ready for pick up email was sent 6:40am.

8. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

4AM eh? That was an excellent plan. I just may give that a shot. Thanks. Just to confirm, this was a 6+, right?

9. superbad macrumors regular

Yes sir. Check after midnight tonight. For 128, only silver was available around me but all lower configuration for all networks except t mobile was drivable for pick up. Good luck!

10. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Thanks mate.

11. yourdaddy macrumors newbie

Thanks for information!! I am wondering was there any unlocked 6+ available for preorder last night?

----------

i mean contract free(t mobile)..

12. dylanmarsh macrumors newbie

I preordered my 6+ yesterday here in NYC on Saturday around 11am for in store pickup. It was so strange... Just happened to check the Apple Store site a few mins before and none were available for pickup. I was about to just give up and wait the "3-4 weeks" to have it shipped and when I went to add it to my cart now around 11AM, the Upper West Side store had a 64GB Space Grey 6+ available for Pickup Today.

I had read that for the iPhone 6 launch day lines, Apple had a new inventory system that synced with the back of house stock info in real time and it looks like that extends to the website... So maybe as shipments arrive, and someone in the back scans them in the site is updated in real time. Definitely keep checking the site. When I went in there was a line around the block of people waiting 5+ Hours since the AM and I waited barely 15 mins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.