Los Cerritos Security Apple Store Experience SoCal

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by byronc, Oct 14, 2011.

1. byronc macrumors newbie

Sharing my experience at the Apple store this morning. Take it as you may. This email was sent to several people.

----------

A reply from Apple:

----------

A reply back to Apple

2. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

Out of interest, who did you send this to in Apple? I had a few complaints about the George St Sydney lineup, and was not sure where to send it, as I would like someone to read rather than simply delete the email as I think Apple can learn from their mistakes of the past.

Hope things work out for you & the girlfriends phone.

3. iDabble macrumors regular

the whole tone of the letter makes you sound like a complete dbag and a whiny little bitch regardless of what you were complaining about

4. byronc thread starter macrumors newbie

Understandable. I was in the moment with no time to cool off.

I know people will disagree with my comments.

----------

It was a Marketing Leader of Orange County. Which was given to me by one of the Leaders on the floor.

5. blunti macrumors 6502a

I have to agree with you here...

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Without actually being there and seeing what has happened, you don't really have any room to judge, and you're way off base with how you think the OP sounds. He informed people around him that his GF would be joining him. Did the security person even bother to ask or listen to the GF? Do you even know if she did or didn't? Would you rather he have stomped his feet and slapped the security person there to get his way? No. He actually went about it the right way and emailed Apple about it. This could have been very bad PR for Apple during the launch, let alone losing more than just one customer, but everyone who saw this at Los Cerritos. From the sounds of it, Apple was very accommodating in at least getting back to him and addressing the issue; something by the tone of your post, you wouldn't.

You may want to check yourself. put yourself in his shoes and ask yourself if you'd sound like a dbag or a *****.

Actually, you did the right thing, and in a very mature and proper way.

BL.

7. iDabble macrumors regular

Do you know what "tone" means? I never said I wouldn't be mad, but I wouldnt write a whiny letter like that to make myself feel better...

8. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

This. [mocking whiny bitch tone]"not once asking if anyone was allergic to the permanent ink"[/mocking whiny bitch tone]

9. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

I didn't know that people could be allergic to permanent markers, only that they are not really 'permanent'. I do know stuff happens out of our control and that people sometimes have jobs b/c they cannot attain a job they would rather have b/c of their noggins. You ran into one, stuff happens. And don't make your girlfriend drop you off - be a gentleman. :)

10. lionqueen macrumors 6502

I don't know, I see both sides on that one. It could sound whiny, but I'm allergic to weird things - I'm sure there are people who are allergic to the ink - but even if they're not, who the hell wants a big black X in permanent ink on their hand? Some people need to work, and interact with the public. It looks cheesy.

At the line I was in, two more people joined the two ppl in front of me a couple hours before the store opened. No one said boo to me, asked me if it was ok, informed me that more people would be coming, or anything. I found it a little rude, but whatever.

As for rental security, while not wanting to paint them all with one brush, a lot of them really can be idiots. At the iPad 2 lineup I went to, the guard refused to let anyone line up til 4 am, so people were just standing around the parking lot and on the median and the little raised grassy places between parking lanes, and then the guard said "GO" and everyone RAN and pushed to get in line. It was ridiculous. I wish I'd written a letter then - I thought about it but didn't do it. Maybe someone did though, cos this iPhone 4s launch was handled much, much better.

In my experience Apple really do care about the customer though, I will say that for them. If you have a problem, they'll try to make it right.

----------

Who said he "made" her drop him off? I drop my bf off to things sometimes, if it's more convenient for us that way. He doesn't make me :)

11. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Next time you should try brea mall.

I go there every year and it only takes me about 15 minutes to get to Los Cerritos from where I live, which means it should not be too far from you.

To say that their process of handling this years launch were anything less than excellent would be a lie. I could not believe how organized and efficient they were this year compared to past years.

It seems that they finally uderstand it and I expect future launches to be the same.

12. kmlee1113 macrumors newbie

please please please submit this to gizmodo and pray they post it so the rest of the world can see how fkn idiotic you are.

13. steadysignal macrumors 6502a

steadysignal

haters that hate. nothing more.

14. 2010RS macrumors 6502

What a pathetic excuse for a complaint letter. If you're going to complain, please try to use at least 3rd grade grammar if you want to be taken seriously. And take out the personal attacks against the people who upset you, you just look like a whiny child.

15. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I can see why some of those things upset you. But you have the ability to maintain dignity for yourself, even when other people aren't giving it to you. For example, the part about mentioning not liking your mother. You wanted to be treated with more dignity but then you don't show yourself dignity when you bring up a topic like that in a business e-mail. I really, really don't want to sound critical. We all make mistakes. Apple makes mistakes. The police make mistakes. You make mistakes. I make mistakes. I did today actually at a doctor's office when I regretted making a snide remark to a receptionist about not respecting my privacy. Everyone suffers and everyone seeks happiness. That's how we are all the same.

Sleep on it, and all will be copasetic.

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I have to agree with you. Personal items should be left out in a business email.

Also, OP, did you tell the security guard that another person will be joining you in line too? It's a norm that people shouldn't go up to the front of a line unless you tell people, ESPECIALLY the guard.

17. xian67 macrumors regular

Why are you complaining to apple because something a security guard did? And lmao wtf is an "proper apple experience"? And why are you also bitching about paying for your girlfriends phone? Can she not pay you back?

18. bellaisa macrumors regular

19. wellok macrumors 6502

I agree completely. Apple is amazing to have taken you seriously because your letter did not call for it.

20. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I really can't understand why you got mad over such a small thing. If it was my girlfriend I would have paid for her phone myself and saved her waiting in line, but that's just me.

21. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

22. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

wow

i thought I was the only one , but you should have dropped her off and you parked the car etc.etc. and paid anyway your the Man? good luck with the security guard thing ..it was her job and those are hard to come by ..you should have told the guard who stamped you that you needed another pass (paper with stamp on it for her or that you didn't want to be stamped and had it on a paper with their sig.) life happens all day long everywhere life is too short move on..waste not another second on this whole thought process..

23. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

I'm not quite sure why you are directing this complaint to Apple if the issue was with a hired security guard arranged by the shopping mall :confused:

24. tito2020 macrumors 6502a

25. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01