Lose unlimited data plan if you upgrade at Apple store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Maverick1337, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I noticed when buying online at Apple it has me choose my data plan and "unlimited" is not an option. Is this true you lose your unlimited if you buy it at an Apple store?

2. jeffmo macrumors member

Didn't happen to me, but I bought mine from a Best Buy: Mobile.. However, I didn't lose my unlimited data plan when I upgraded from the 3GS to 4S via apple.com two years ago.

3. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

Who is your carrier?

I have AT&T with Unlimited Data, ordered via the Apple Store app, and had no issues. If you have Verizion, I've read that the Apple Store did not have an option for Unlimited Data, and those people had to order via Verizion.

This was on launch day, not sure if it has been "fixed".

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Had no problem saving it at an Apple Store. My brother-in-law ordered from the Apple Store App and was able to save his. We are both on AT&T.

5. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

I believe you can upgrade at an Apple Retail Store and pay full price, even if you're eligible for an upgrade, thereby keeping your unlimited data.

However, at least for Verizon, the Apple Online Store won't let you pay the full unsubsidized price if you have an upgrade available on the line. Further, it forces you to select a new, capped data plan. This stinks, because it means there's no way to reserve an iPhone for store pickup. You either have to just show up and hope for the best, or order online from Verizon.