Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Deniseinfl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Hi: I have DSL connected to an Airport & usually my Macbook Pro connects well; however, periodically (several times a day) the MBP drops the network signal even though the Airport's green light is on and the modem is working. Is there anything I can do to stop this. To fix it, I often have to reboot the MBP numerous times & sometimes that doesn't even work. Thanks much for any advice.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If you unplug the modem and AirPort from the wall for thirty seconds and then plug them back in, does it then work? Are there other machines on the network? What sort of apps are you using that relate to the internet connection? :)

Deniseinfl

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Thanks

Hi -- Thanks for your reply. I am using Safari for my browser. I haven't tried unplugging the modem & Airport, but have tried turning the modem on & off again. That doesn't seem to help.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Leave it for thirty seconds before turning it on again. I get the same troubles sometimes and this has always helped unless the service is actually down. Of course, the modem is acting as my router. The AirPort may be acting as your router in which case unplugging that for thirty seconds might be better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.