Losing settings

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jcorbin, May 8, 2012.

1. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

I rebooted my phone because it had been losing battery really fast. Figured I'd clear the memory.

When it booted up the brightness was reset to factory default and the sounds were all default as well. So it had marimba and tri tone and it had the lock sounds turned on.

It's not consistent but it has happened on other iPhones that I've had. Anyone else experience this?

2. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just got an informational popup about how to rearrange my home screen icons. It's like half the settings were wiped out but half stayed

3. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Happened again after a reboot. Really annoying.

4. ah123 macrumors regular

When you say reboot, do you mean turning your phone off and on again?

Sounds more like you're resetting your phone back to factory settings.

5. SurferMan macrumors 65816

How are you "rebooting"? Had reset, on/off... or restoring through iTunes? Sounds like your restoring as I've hard booted numerous times through the years with no loss of settings. If your not restoring, then you may actually need to as iOS is glitching if that is happening. Are you jailbroken?

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

You have a corrupted file in your backup.

Restore and set up as new through iTunes without using your backup.

Problem solved.

7. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am holding the power and home button. When it comes back up half the settings are gone.

The last time I did a full restore my phone wouldn't activate. I'll just deal with it until I get the 5

8. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Your doing something wrong than if it wouldn't activate after restoring or have a hardware issue, you obviously got it activated after the fact since your still using it right lol?. And if it's having the issue mentioned in this thread, def sounds like a glitch/corrupted file, which only a restore as new can attempt to fix.

9. jcorbin thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know what I'm doing. Its really not that hard to do a restore. Yes I got it to work. It took several days and switching to another phone and then back to the iPhone. It kept telling me that the iPhone I had was t the one on he account. Verizon confirmed that the MEID number I had was what they had in he system. So essentially I forced I by putting a different phone on the account and then putting my MEID in. I don't think the issue would occur again but I don't want to risk it for this particular issue.