Loss of signal after I hangup

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gromov, May 23, 2011.

1. Gromov macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Hey gang. I get this weird problem in my office, don't think it happens at home.

I make/receive a call and then after I hangup coverage drops to one bar from 5 and iPhone goes searching for network. It finds it in a minute or two.

Now I cud have blamed my network for it since it only happens at work but I never had this issue with my HTC and Blackberry phones plus nobody around me has this issue.

Any suggestions?

i'm on factory unlocked jailbroken 4.3.3

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

If your office has a lot of steel in the ceiling it may affect reception? That's the only thing I can think of.

3. Gromov thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Could well be, but it doesn't affect anybody else and wasn't an issue with my phones before

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Take it to an Apple store and see what they say.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it happens only at one location then its a reception issue in that spot.
    Maybe the structure causing signal failure or the coverage in that area is weak.

6. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

In one of the recent firmware updates there was a change to the baseband to improve switching between towers for cell reception, can't recall the actual verbiage they used or the update that it was in but it would have been a baseband since you're unlocked one so that could well be why you have an issue but others don't in your building.

7. Gromov thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that you said it i do remember that I had a dropped call on my Blackberry sometime ago but only happened once and had to do with switching between towers.

I wonder if this will be resolved any time soon.

8. Gromov thread starter macrumors newbie

spoke to a rep from apple. He suggested to reset the network settings which did not help

he also suggested to restore the phone.

could jailbrake be the issue here?

Could it affect the process of "handshake" when switching between network towers?

There's one behind us and one in front of the office, so i guess i sit somewhere around the border of their signal spread where one tower's signal stops and other base station's signal begins.