Lost 27% battery life in 1 hour

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shadyriley, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Shadyriley macrumors 6502

What the hell apple? My ****** Palm Pixi lasted way longer now that's just sad

[​IMG]

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

What were you doing on the phone for those 90 minutes?

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

What were you doing in that hour and a half? What settings did you have on/off?

4. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

It's not an hour, it's an hour and a half.

And it's not an hour and a half either, it's 3 hours. 90 minutes of active usage.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Actually, Standby is powered on time since last full charge, inclusive of usage time. From http://www.apple.com/batteries/iphone.html

To the OP though, whether that's reasonable or not depends entirely on what you were doing. Playing a game using the GPU & CPU, that's reasonable. Sitting on your desk, no - and indicates some app is running and consuming battery. More details would be useful.

6. Shadyriley thread starter macrumors 6502

I went on facebook for 5 minutes and had google maps running because I'm routing out my trip to work by bus. No music or games. A little iMessage too.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Normally I'd make some sarcastic comment about people just need to stop using their phones and their battery will last, but in alot of cases lately they aren't and still seeing the phone drain like a MOFO. :eek::confused: lol

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Only way you should lose that amount is if you are playing 3D games like FIFA or real racing 2

9. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

If you had maps running then you probably had GPS going at the same time - unless you disabled it.

GPS is battery hungry and quite possible consumed that amount over 90 minutes.

10. Shadyriley thread starter macrumors 6502

If I have google maps running and close the app, does it still use gps? Not close it fully just hit the home button but it's still running. I ask because while I'm looking at the app I notice the location service is running by the indicator on the top right of the screen, but when I close it (again just hit the home button not x it out) the location services notification icon goes away. So that means its not using the gps, only when I bring it back up from the multi tasking bar does it continue to use the gps, I know because the blue dot showing my location jumps from where I am now from the where I was when I sent the app to the multi tasking bar. So it's not using gps the whole time so it shouldn't drain the battery that bad.

11. heyloo macrumors 6502

Yeah, the GPS shouldn't be activated when you have it 'closed'. You're right that if you don't see the little GPS arrow on top, location service isn't active at the time.

Is this the first time you've had this kind of drop?

A lot of factors do come into play when it comes to battery usage...your push settings, brightness, cellphone reception (lower = more battery hungry), 3G usage, etc. But yeah, 27% does sound like a pretty big jump if FB and occasionally checking Maps were all you've really done...

12. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

These 8 billion threads about battery life are getting annoying.

13. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

But don't you see? THIS person's post is SPECIAL and DIFFERENT and warrants its own thread!