Lost all data on Mac!! How to recover music and photos from iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by brunozs, Jul 15, 2011.

1. brunozs macrumors member

Recently I transferred all my data to an external hard drive because I sold my computer. When I was transferring back from my external hdd to my new Mac, it failed. My Mac don't recognize the drive anymore.

So, as sad as it can be, I'm not completely frustrated because I have me favorite iTunes playlists and all my iPhoto library on my iPhone, nice and safe.

The tricky part is that I don't know how to sync it back to my Mac. When I plug my phone, iTunes only asks me if I want to replace the info on my phone with data from my Mac, and what I want is the other way around. I don't want to do it manually, because I have all my photos and organized by albums, faces, and places, as my music on playlists. What I want is to simply fill my iPhoto and iTunes with data from my iPhone.

Any help?

2. merkava macrumors member

Phoneview?

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/

3. brunozs thread starter macrumors member

Hi! Thanks for answering!

But although great in theory, Phoneview doesn't work properly. It only imports a few pictures, and all of them to the same album. What I'd like to have is maintaing all my Faces, Places, and Albums.

There must be a way to import all of these back to the Mac, but I can't find a proper app for that. :(

4. Rainier42 macrumors member