Lost apps after ios11

Brookston

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2017
Massachusetts
I have (or HAD) a password app that used a bank vault door as an icon. It was simply named “Passwords.” It was simple, effective and elegant. After accepting 11.0 ios update, I can’t get into that password app. I am informed that it’s not listed as being available for update and that I should contact the company. However, I have no idea the name or location of the company that offered the app. All my usernames and passwords are there. Can anyone help?
(See attached image of Passwords icon)
F5BBCCA8-9922-455B-948F-E0E73C9AD41A.jpeg

Shirasaki

macrumors G3
May 16, 2015
If that is a 32-bit app you are out of luck. See if there is still a page in the App Store and try to contact the company listen in that page.
I do not recognize that icon, sorry.

Reactions: pacorob

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Sounds like OP has the app on his phone, just that it does not work.

Do you see the app in the App Store under your Purchased list (tap the head icon upper right,,will then see. Purchases menu pick)? Find the app and tap the entry: should have developer information listed there, and hopefully, a support link.

Reactions: pacorob

mikzn

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2013
Vancouver
Do you see the app in the App Store under your Purchased list (tap the head icon upper right,,will then see. Purchases menu pick)? Find the app and tap the entry: should have developer information listed there, and hopefully, a support link.
If that does not work - you should be able to see the developer name under the icon? Check the purchased apps list on the phone or in the iTunes list of apps, you can then google the app developer name for more info / web site etc.

I use a similar App "iAccounts" which is also awesome for passwords, credit cards, software keys etc. been using for a long time and now is one of the reasons I am not upgrading to iOS 11 - until I figure out a solution / replacement for this and many other apps I have purchased and am relying on, that will not work on iOS11.