Lost Bonjour! Only "FlashPaper"? HP Printer, Airport, Mac 10.6.8 won't show

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NaturalPerson, May 26, 2013.

1. NaturalPerson macrumors newbie

LOST BONJOUR! Only "FLASHPAPER"? HP Printer, Airport, Mac 10.6.8 won't show in "Add Printers", Multiple re-installs after 2 weeks

I now sigh on my nice afternoons/days off because I know they will just be lost to trying to resolve a problem with NO remedy I've been dealing with since trying to print some pictures for my mom for mothers day…

stats:

Macbook pro, Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Airport express version 7.6.3
    Wireless security wpa/wpa2 personal
    Connect using ethernet

HP printer C4480

All had been well with using this printer (and yes, the scanning issue is irrelevant, I know you can't scan over airport, but with scanning you have to get up, as oppose to printing multiple articles you'd prefer to not have to), minus the occasional re-refreshes over the past 4 years, but printer has always shown up in Bonjour.
    A few weeks ago, I DONT KNOW why (hence i'm here) but I went to print some pictures, and the printer disappeared, and only shows this pesky Flashpaper option when "Adding" a printer. Even if I install the printer that way, I go to print and it appears then blinks out of the sidebar and vanishes.

Let's see:

-Uninstalled, then re-installed HP software maybe 5 times now
    -updated OS10 HP update
    -went into Airport Utility to add printer, "Shared printers over WAN" check, "Share printers over net using bonjour" check, nothing appears
    -went into System Preferences to install printer, get Flashpaper
    -System Prefs, tried installing via address, every way

I've internet searched so many times, most of the related links that already lead to non-functioning answers on this message board turn my first few search page links all purple aka I've looked at them all. Most frustrating is that since I was in a pinch to print those pics for my mom, I bought some new ink! ugh! I'll be ready to dump this damn thing when the ink is dry, but in the meantime, any fix? Or do I just aways have to plug/unplug for the next 6 months till then? I signed up just for this I'm at the end of it.

Thank you for your time and help.

----------

Also, When I connect to another wireless network to use their ACTUAL wireless printer, a Canon, it pops right up Via Bonjour since this has happened. So Bonjour is working, but not for my actual printer I use. I've always been able to troubleshoot for myself but this has become a joke of wasting my free precious time, and am so grateful for your generous donation to give me some advice. I'm fear no one will be able to solve this though.

Also getting some error message involving d900iusbfileenabler.kext when I reinstall/update possibley related programs, but don't know if this is related.

Also, the cables have been tested and are each working and fine, I even unnecessarily replaced one, another waste. On top of the newest 3 hours of my life today. :confused:

Thanks!

2. NaturalPerson thread starter macrumors newbie

*Sigh*

500-something views since 5:30pm yesterday and not one reply or answer? While external drive person gets 13 replies since 9pm?

Do I really have the only problem that stumps everyone?
    I suppose my answer is live with it until I run out of ink, and sell the thing, since it works when it's plugged in directly, but damned if I ever get it to function over Airport Express again.

I have the one problem no one knows the answer to. :cool:

3. Consulting Psyc macrumors newbie

So do I. One of my kids saw me remove Bonjour from an old windows machine and decided to remove it from my iMac. Now I can't find out ANYWHERE where to reinstall it. I've been looking for two hours.:(

4. priitv8 macrumors 68040

I would try OS X Combo update first.

5. Consulting Psyc macrumors newbie

Thank you so much my friend. I am just d/l it now, I'll keep you posted.
    Again, thanks for your help :)