Lost in shipment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by billyv, Oct 3, 2012.

1. billyv macrumors newbie

Friend of mine ordered iPhone 5 from AT&T , sent via UPS, but last scanned in Louisville and stuck there for several days. Trace has turned up nothing and it was scheduled for delivery last Friday. He is waiting word from AT&T as to how to proceed.
    Question is if someone did take his phone somewhere along the way, what good is it to that person? Wouldn't they just brick the phone using the IMIE number?

2. kalexn macrumors 6502

If it was through UPS and they lost it then they will be held responsible and have to replace it. If someone stole it then they will be able to find out who once it is activated and you're right it won't be any good. Sometimes people don't realize that though. My dad works for UPS and sadly, he has to deal in court with cases where the drivers have stolen things etc.

So he is just going to have to wait but it really may have just been lost as those plants are huge.

3. billyv thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, that's what I told him, although not very comforting when you've been waiting patiently.