iPad mini Lost iPad Mini 2. What are my options?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by borgsauce, Jan 26, 2017.

1. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

Funny story. While I was at work wife tells me our 2 year old managed to slip the iPad through the small opening of the window. Were on the 35th floor and it must've landed on an unoccupied space between the 2 apartment blocks. Well there's no access to that area and ill presume it's pulvrized. But since it had one of those kiddy iGuy heavily padded case on it, there's a chance someone could make it work. I used my Gmail ID to create an account on it and the iPad isn't password protected. It's only the wifi version so I have no luck using Find My iPhone at least until it ever connects to a wifi.

I managed to change the icloud password. Will that automatically require new password input as soon as the iPad ever connects to the internet? And if someone tried to format the device will it require loging into the previous account to be usable? Id really appreciate any help.

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

You should have just locked the iPad in Find My Phone so if someone ever connected it to Wi-Fi, it would automatically lock and it would be useless to them. Not sure how that would work after changing the iCloud password.

Yes, if someone restores the iPad, they'll need to put your Apple ID and password on.

Also, that story was not funny. That sucks. :/

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Not funny would have been had his kid somehow slipped though. An older iPad though? Yeah, I agree with the OP, that's kind of funny.

4. borgsauce thread starter macrumors regular

borgsauce

I tried accessing Find My iPhone but it wouldn't connect, kept telling me device not connected even though I remember enabling that on the iPad.

Windows got double child protection on it so it only allows about 2.5" to push open.