lost iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Badrottie, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I am depressed that I lost it but I am ANGRY at someone for not return it to me I am glad I put screen locked and able to use "find my phone" from iCloud I am able to locate my iPhone and went to someone's place but they said they didn't have it. I only had an iPhone 4s for 2 days!! I ended up buying old iPhone 4 with 8GB for a while until if someone is willing to return my ip4s but I doubt it then that night I check with iCloud again and found ip4s was moved to different location….I left my number to send a message on ip4s but no one answered back…right now ip4s battery is dead so it is disappeared from iCloud. I don't think I will give up trying…because I am very angry!!

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

If you could look it up w/ find my iphone before why not call your local police dept and tell them you can show evidence that someone has your stolen property?

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

Don't expect to much help with that. In many cities the police already under staffed, under paid, over worked, and are usually tending to more important things. Plus I doubt you would get a warrant from Find My iPhone since it can be less than accurate.

4. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Your phone is gone and will never come back...

And the battery is not dead.

Your phone has been restored to factory defaults so it disappeared from your Find my iPhone.

5. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

That's the worst part. A buddy had his 4s drop out of his pocket at a bar and we chased that dot for blocks and ended up being let into a dining hall by the cooking staff. The dot kept moving and we eventually gave up looking but I continued calling and eventually got an answer from some chick who claimed to have never even left the bar we had been in to start with.

6. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

People are dicks nowadays. You won't see any good guys anymore. The iPhone is gone. Next time, get insurance, so you can pay a deposit and get it back. (different one of course).. And ALWAYS have your phone on you. I've never in my life lost a cellphone. I don't know how people just leave their $600+ investment somewhere like it's nothing. Makes me wonder. :confused:

Good luck!

7. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Looks like you were just taught an expensive lesson.... let's hope you learn from it.

8. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

That's why mine doesn't leave my hand. Unless I'm home it's in my left hand.

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

That must make it hard to use the restroom when not at home.

10. b24pgg macrumors 65816

There have been multiple reports of people reporting lost/stolen iPhones to local law enforcement and then getting them back because of police action (see here and here, for example). No warrant is needed to question someone.

11. brand macrumors 601

brand

Everything you said is also true. I was just providing one way of looking at the situation. Thanks for providing another view so the OP doesn't get discouraged. I believe that the iPhone is long gone but that doesn't mean that he has believe that. There have been many posts of users loosing their iPhones and going to the authorities and get no help whatsoever.

12. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Maybe it isn't too late to get insurance. I've never gotten phone insurance before so I'm not sure how it works... Does the provider need to see your phone so you can get it?

13. brand macrumors 601

brand

Your saying it might not be too late to commit insurance fraud?

14. jekyoo macrumors 6502

It's not like he's taking morally bad advantages of the insurance. He legitimate lost it, unlike people who file a lost phone just to get 2. Getting insurance after isn't the most morally wrong thing. If AT&T doesn't check to see if he indeed still has the phone or anything, it's their fault.

15. brand macrumors 601

brand

No that is insurance fraud.

16. OnEMoReTrY macrumors member

Oh, you mean insurance fraud?

17. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

That is called insurance fraud. And usually they send a text or call it to make sure it's working. I've only added insurance once after I bought a phone, so I forget. I always just get it at the same time now.

18. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

OP, when you could track it why didn't you call the police? Forget about who is busy and who isn't, it never hurts to call them and ask them if they'll assist you in getting your phone back.

A $600 phone is not an investment.
    I just want to play, it's insurance fraud. You want the insurance company to insure something that is no longer in possession of the customer? Uh huh. I'm guessing you've either never insured anything or you've never listened or read the service agreement. It is quite clear that you make certain reps and warrants as to the condition and location of the device and they make certain reps and warrants when they insure it.

19. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

20. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Calling or texting doesn't make sense since it still doesn't indicate if he still has the phone, unless they check the IMEI.

21. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Like I said it was a long time ago that I got insurance on a phone, it was some dumb phone but that's how they did it. I didn't say it made sense.

22. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

The police could care less. Thousands of phones are lost and stolen everyday.

There are few in this forum that would return your lost phone.:p

You can get angry but better to just move on.:(

23. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

hahaha, that doesn't describe my police in suffolk :p
    Sorry about your phone.

24. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Everyone on the forums nowadays seems to be the ideal mold for a morally right person nowadays. :rolleyes:

It was a suggestion, jeez. calm down. No ****, I have car insurance. Like I said, it isn't the most morally wrong thing when you compare it to a more serious insurance fraud.

25. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I do not know where you live but our over weight, over paid cops would laugh at you if you went to the local office and asked for them to go with you to recover your phone. The only work three 12 hours shifts and are off 4 days with their car and all the gas they can consume. Our city is almost bankrupt trying to support them and their union!:mad: