Lost iPhone 5 last night, options?

WDE87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
I lost my iPhone 5 last night, 6 days after i got it :mad: and on top of that, it was dead. Is there any options since it is within 30 days? I'm guessing 'Find my iPhone' will work once it's turned on? :confused:

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
IF It gets turned on, then you can certainly locate it.

I really hope that somebody turns it in. Your only other hope would be that somebody else with an iphone 5 finds it and plugs it in (because the chargers are not as common as the 30 pin)

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
What makes this situation worse is that someone can't even just use one of their chargers to turn it on. They'll have to buy a cable.

MrGimper

macrumors 603
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
Find My iPhone is surprisingly good.

I had my ipad nicked in London, and used Find My iPhone to track it all over the place.

After an hour it stopped moving, so I then sent the "Play Sound" to it and someones backpack started pinging. The look on his face was hilarious.

Hope you have some success.

WDE87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
So I guess besides finding it with 'Find my iPhone', I'm out of luck and stuck with that phone's contract for 2 years? This sucks.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
So I guess besides finding it with 'Find my iPhone', I'm out of luck and stuck with that phone's contract for 2 years? This sucks.
Call the carrier, see if you let them black list it will they let you out of your contract. Worth a shot but highly improbable.

MarcBook

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
United Kingdom
I'm not having a go at you or anything, but how did you lose it? Were you out drinking or something?

Find My iPhone is damn good, but as auero pointed out, the chances of whoever finds it charging it up with a Lightning cable are a bit low right now. :(

I feel sorry for you; I'd be totally devastated if I lost my iPhone 5! :eek:

KPOM

macrumors G5
Oct 23, 2010
I lost my iPhone 5 last night, 6 days after i got it :mad: and on top of that, it was dead. Is there any options since it is within 30 days? I'm guessing 'Find my iPhone' will work once it's turned on? :confused:
Check with your credit card company to see if they have any kind of protection for lost items.

nataliamck

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Lisburn, Northern Ireland
My 4S was stolen 2 weeks after I got it and my credit card company paid for it.

There are terms and conditions like I think on my credit card the product I was claiming for had to be under 30 days old so I was covered. Contact the credit card company first.

WDE87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2012
I found it. In my car. Yes i was out drinking. Sorry guys lol

Markiie

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Los Angeles, California.
Yea if you were drinking and driving i kinda wish you would have lost it. Better to lose a 800 dollar phone than you wiping out someone. You'll learn your lesson someday.

On another note........No one should get sympathy for losing a phone at a bar. period.

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
No where does he state that he was driving his car home. Could have been a friend driving it back to his place.