Lost iphone all of a sudden I get a message

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benalexe, Mar 24, 2012.

1. benalexe macrumors member

On December 24 my mother in law lost her iphone. She tried to use Mobile me to find it. The phone never turned up and was not able to be located. Just today she get's this email

Your message to Mikes iPhone has been displayed.

Mikes iPhone displayed the following message at 4:59 PM on March 23, 2012.

"Please let me know where my phone is!"

Use Find My iPhone on an iOS device or go to www.icloud.com/find on a Mac or PC to take additional actions.

Is there anything we can do to find out how to get her phone back?

2. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

If the message has been displayed it means the phone hasn't been wiped yet so you should be able to track it.

3. benalexe thread starter macrumors member

It has location services turned off. but I was able to send a message that asked the person who has it to please email me.

I am not sure if i should remote lock it or wipe it out remotely? Any thoughts?

4. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Just to be safe I would def remote wipe it

James

5. Richdmoore macrumors 68000

Richdmoore

Once you remote wipe it, you can't do anything else to find the phone. I would send another message with the email, then put a remote lock on (4 didget code). If you don't hear anything in a day, I would then call it a loss and remote wipe.

6. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't even bother to send it another message. They will know your still looking for it. I would just remote wipe it now before they get a hold of their personal information

James

7. benalexe thread starter macrumors member

I want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Possibly he purchased it off eBay or something like that. It's too. Bad you can't track it with the serial number. I sent him a message that says call me or email me or I will have the police track him down

8. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry man. The world is full of dicks. The iPhone is gone. Maybe if you add "There is a reward" or something.. He/she might consider it.

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

thats risky considering the world we live in...