Lost iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by laddam, Oct 21, 2012.

1. laddam macrumors newbie

Hi guys

I've joined today as I do need help with something. I've been reading threads for a long time and this is the best place I've found for assistance.

This is gunna sound really bad, a real rookie move, and thats because it is. I've had an iPhone (4s) for about 2 months now, and don't know too much about them.
    I hadn't set up either iCloud or Find My iPhone (installed, half set up :confused:) and I lost my phone last night. Is there any way I can track down my phone to find it (it's still ringing at the moment, just no answer) or am I going to have to go the old fashioned way and retrace my footsteps (it's on silent also :( )

I really need to find it, can anybody help me?

2. ckc macrumors regular

If FMP was not set up then there is no way for you to track it, being on silent does not help either!

Your best bet is to retrace your footsteps and also hope that someone honest finds your phone and makes an effort to contact you.

3. noteple macrumors 65816

4. laddam thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, well that isn't the answer I was hoping for.
    I do feel buoyed by the fact it's still ringing though, which shows it hasn't been run over or destroyed. I have a feeling though, that it is in the middle of a grass paddock or been taken by rugby chicks who pulled me out of a taxi.

5. dave420 macrumors 65816

What is your carrier? I know if you are on an AT&T family plan the you can enable Family Map to locate your phone to the general area it is in.

6. laddam thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm an Australian, so that doesn't help. It's Telstra, if you are still interested.

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Been where you are right now although mine was pick pocketed.

I had find my iPhone activated but it didn't stop the person turning off the iphone 4 and probably restoring it !! :(

8. laddam, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

laddam thread starter macrumors newbie