Lost my ATT unlimited data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ArtificialGrape, Sep 14, 2012.

1. ArtificialGrape macrumors newbie

I ordered my upgrade to the 5 last night using the Apple Store app, and I don't recall anywhere that I was asked to select the data plan, so I perhaps mistakenly assumed that my current unlimited data plan would be preserved.

On my Apple order page I click "Show Data Plan" and it is showing 2GB.

Did I miss something when I made the Apple Store app order? I'll try to call AT&T when I get out of meetings, but was wondering if anybody else has had this happen and if they've been able to preserve their unlimited data.

Thanks.

2. DArsenault macrumors regular

I was never even asked about data plans, it just let me keep unlimited. It did show which plan you had or picked before you finalized your purchase though.

3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

That's not normal so call at&t and they'll be able to resolve it.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Same here.

5. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Let me keep unlimited on all three iPhone 5's that I ordered.

6. AlPlPlLE macrumors regular

When you were placing the order and were on the data package part, did you see if it was selected on the "existing plan" option? Should of seen that then an option to see details. It would of said unlimited. I ask because I had to double take and make sure I had that selected and at the end of the order made sure it said unlimited.

7. dave006 macrumors 68020

The Apple App does not allow you to change the wirelelss plan as part of the upgrade. It is in a disclaimer at the bottom of the page. It tells you to use the Full Site.

Double check with AT&T, they will be able to determine when the data plan was changed, if it actually was changed and not just an ordering issue.

My Unlimited plan did change but is was the new "Data Unlimited for iPhone on 4G LTE" for existing Data Unlimited customers.

Dave

8. ArtificialGrape thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, so I was 1/2 asleep when I placed my order, and apparently when I started this thread.

My phone line (with unlimited data) was not yet upgrade eligible, so I used my daughters upgrade, and she is on the 2GB plan, so nothing fishy there, but it brings up another question...

When the phone arrives it will have the new sim set to her phone number. And since I can't just move my 4S sim, before activating, can I just take it in to ATT and get a new sim for my phone number?

thanks again,
    -ArtificialGrape