Lost my entire camera roll after backing up and updating iPhone. Even after a restore

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dolomytte, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Dolomytte macrumors newbie

Howdy folks. First post here.

I recently updated my iPhone to ios 5.1.1, I backed up and synced my phone before doing so. The next day at work, after turning my phone on (I work in a building with poor reception so I turn it off regularly) I had lost my entire photo album. The photo stream was still available, but many of the photos I want aren't there. I restored my phone after work and loaded y back up, all my photos were there. And then again- after turning my phone on during a break at work, my photos were once again gone!?!

What's going on here? Is there something up with my phone? I'm on my 8th iPhone, and my fourth 4. I keep having issues with them and every time it's something different from the previous phone. Fortunately all these problems arise before my 90 days is up on replacement phones, but it's extremely aggravating constantly having issues

Thanks in advance.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Hard to tell. After a good backup you could try to restore as new to see if you're bringing the problem back with a normal restore. Also, out of curiosity when your photos disappear you could take a picture and see if that makes them reappear.

3. Dolomytte thread starter macrumors newbie

If you're talking about restorIng as new, and then restoring from a back-up, I've done that and still encountered this problem. What's weird is that the photos are there after the restore, but then when I power my device off and then back on, that's when they're gone?

I'm at a friends for the weekend and don't have my laptop with me, but I'm going to try once more and if the problem reappears I'm going to the apple store