Lost my iPhone 5 lightning cable, what do I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by komodrone, Sep 24, 2012.

1. komodrone macrumors 6502

I need a lightning cable by TONIGHT. Battery is at 22%. Do you know of any stores that sell these cables (apple or generic) that I can drive to right now? Apple stores are out of stock of these cables. I live in southern california.

2. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Did you try calling AT&T and Verizon stores near you?

I walked into a AT&T store on Saturday and they had lightning usb cables. You just need the little charging block.

3. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

Did you see this post?

4. komodrone thread starter macrumors 6502

hmmm odd. I went to the apple store in pasadena on saturday, and they didn't have any from what i could tell. will try again!

----------

cool, i'll check them out.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You might be SOL.
    Only stores that would have them is Apple stores or carrier stores, there is no generic ones available locally yet.
    Try calling Verizon, AT&T and Sprint stores in case they have any in stock. Dont tell them you're not a customer of their company:)
    Just tell them you lost your wire and cant charge your phone any more.

6. divisionbuyzero macrumors member

divisionbuyzero

Worst case just walk into an Apple store and charge your phone from the display model cable. I've done it before when I was waiting at the mall and needed a quick jump.

7. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

Did you try ordering on line for pick up in the store? I know when I checked last night the Apple stores near me all had them and I could order them and just pick up at my leisure. easier than calling and/or driving to each one to check.

8. nippyjun macrumors 65816

The beverly center apple store has them.

9. duneriderltr450 macrumors 6502

duneriderltr450

10. Jman13 macrumors 68000

Most of the Apple stores have them. Even the online store has them. Unfortunately, I have to do a return on my two I ordered online. I ordered two online from the Apple website on Friday, got a shipping estimate of October 15. Then I went to my local Apple Store on Saturday, and they had about 200 of them, so just picked up 4 (one for the bedside table, one for home computer, one for work computer and one for my car) and went to cancel my online order. Unfortunately, my online order was now packed and ready to ship, so I couldn't cancel...called Apple, and they've sent me a return label, so when the box comes, I'll just slap the return label on and send it back.

So, in the short term, most Apples stores likely have a large stock of them now. Worst case scenario, order online from Apples online store, and you'll probably have them by Wednesday.

11. Built macrumors 68020

I pre-ordered two lightning cables via the Apple Store app late last night and they were ready for pickup early this morning at the Apple Store in Manhattan Village Mall.

12. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

what about just getting an adapter if you have the old cables....

13. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

The adapters are hard to find, too.

I was lucky and ordered two cables a couple of weeks ago and now they are out everywhere. It will take a while for the to catch up with demand.

14. 725032 Guest

How did you lose it?... You should look after your items better

15. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

You win the "Master of stating the obvious" award for September.

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Damn...I just got lucky then. I walked into my local apple store and they had tons of them.