Lost my iTunes credits - Who to complain to?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by weckart, May 30, 2007.

1. weckart macrumors 68040

I was burgled recently and had my Macs stolen. I changed all of my passwords, including those for iTunes. As soon as my password was updated, my credits count in iTunes disappeared. Who do I take this up with?

I am pretty certain that whoever took my laptops did not bother trying to crack my passwords to get in, as the downloads on my iTunes account have not changed since the burglary.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Were they song credits, or iTunes money credit? ...It's possible that any songs credits could have expired.

3. weckart thread starter macrumors 68040

Song credits, but why would they suddenly expire only on the change of a password?

4. EricaSchmerica macrumors newbie

The same thing happened to me, and that's how I found your posting. I was on the apple website, about to write them an email when I went through their steps to look at the account history. That's when I noticed that I was logging in as an Apple user and not an AOL user. Whenever I logged in as an Apple user with my new password, my account balance was lost. I clicked on the bubble for AOL, typed in my original password, and it logged me in with my account balance. Try that.