Lost my iweb domain and I don't want to lose my whole site!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chrisklas, Dec 26, 2008.

1. chrisklas macrumors newbie

Hi there - So - my website is up to date - but for some reason my iweb application/domain (not sure the right wording) is not current. I'm missing a lot of my recent updates. Anything I've added for the last month is not there. So, I don't want to publish anything because I am afraid of publishing old material and losing all the new stuff....

Any help?

I think I must have accidentally deleted my Domain.sites2 and am afraid there is no going back.

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Well the only thing I can do is confirm that if you did indeed delete your domain.sites2 file and do not have a backup to restore from (Time Machine, Carbon Copy Cloner, etc.) then you do have a problem since iWeb does not have a method for "importing" files from your site back into iWeb.

The one curious thing about this is that if you did delete the domain.sites2 file you should not be seeing an older (un-updated) version of your site when you run iWeb-- rather there should be no trace of your site....:confused: Did you recently restore from an old backup or something of that nature?