Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryanryan2120

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
i was restoring my phone and didn't back it up first so i unplugged it immediately so i could but i think it was to late and my pictures were all gone. close to 2000. i tried to restore from backup and while it was re downloading my stuff back to the phone the photos app said it was downloading "whatever" of 1375 photos. but it got stuck at 475 and stopped. so my question is how come it said it was downloading 1375 photos if those photos were deleted. are my photos still somewhere? please help me find them

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
i was restoring my phone and didn't back it up first so i unplugged it immediately so i could but i think it was to late and my pictures were all gone. close to 2000. i tried to restore from backup and while it was re downloading my stuff back to the phone the photos app said it was downloading "whatever" of 1375 photos. but it got stuck at 475 and stopped. so my question is how come it said it was downloading 1375 photos if those photos were deleted. are my photos still somewhere? please help me find them

iCloud? Seems like your only hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.