Lots of crashes since I installed iLife '09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tonymanifesto, Mar 2, 2009.

1. tonymanifesto macrumors newbie

I've been experiencing crashes when using iMovie '09, as well as most of the applications I use on a daily basis. My Finder has been crashing a lot as well after I installed iLife. This occurs a couple of times a day, and the error reports give the exception codes "KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at ... " and other variants of that. What is causing this? How can I fix it?

This is another portion of an example report, this just happened:
    and this is my system config

I feel like some crashes are due to the fact that I need more memory but I don't know about all the others.

Thanks in advance

2. tonymanifesto thread starter macrumors newbie

To update the thread, I am still having lots of crashes but I searched other forums and they said that for Finder crashes, to reset Finder settings, but I don't know how to do that.

Should I uninstall all iLife '09 programs and install them again? I'm really going crazy here because this is really messing up my computer. I never thought I would have these problems with a Mac.

3. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Obligatory have you tried repairing your permissions?

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Resetting Finder's settings is as straightforward as going to (home)/Library/Preferences, locating the Finder.plist, trashing it, then relaunching Finder or restarting the computer.

5. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

dolphin842

Anyone else having problems with iLife 09? I'm hesitating to upgrade, given the rough patches I've seen with iWork 09...

6. jrock2004 macrumors 6502

Now I did not upgrade and my Macbook appears to be find.