Lots of grain, flicker rendering my MBP unusable - MacbookPro (2.16Ghz)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maconvert, Feb 6, 2009.

1. maconvert macrumors newbie

I am a recent mac convert and have loved the experience so far. I bought a used macbook Pro (2.16GHz) - which may not have been the right thing to do in hindsight... Anyway, for the past 3 months or so, I sparingly used my Macbook but my experience was awesome in all respects. I use it in dual boot mode with Windows XP and Leopard installed in 2 partitions.

Recently, out of the blue, my MBP started showing tremendous amount of flicker and grainy picture. I am not being picky at all. It is impossible to work with the amount of flicker and graininess that I am experiencing. It lasted for about a day and then went away for about a week. Then suddenly it has re-appeared and now it would not cease. This affects both operating systems - windows xp and macos (leopard).

Can anyone relate to my problem? Any tips that can help me recover my investment would be greatly appreciated. As it stands now, I am going to have to buy a new laptop if I cannot fix this problem. I do not have any support on my MBP either.

Thanks much..

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I had what sounds like the same problem a couple of months ago.

I had it checked out at my local Apple Store and they diagnosed it as one of two things, the LCD or the cable that connects the LCD to the logic board.

I left it with them and ended up having the LCD, the cable, top case and screen bezel replaced. Fortunately I've still got AppleCare cover or I would have had a bill for £451 :eek: