Lots of problems with my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ratatapa, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

Ok i have some problems with my iPhone and i'm trying to convince myself to find a way to fix it without updating because i have an Iphone4s JB 5.0.1 and if i update bye-bye JB

1) Lots of people on the net tells me it's normal and i can't accept this because it wasn't like this on my old Iphone4

I have an iCloud account on my MAc and iPhone and a gmail account (my gmail is set to Exchange for push on the iPhone)
    If i get an email on Gmail i can read it on either mac or iPhone and it will update it on the other

But for iCloud if i read it on my mac it will not update as read on iPhone but if i read it on my iPhone it will be count as read on my mac Back on my old iPhone 4 i could read email on my iPhone iCloud and it would update on my mac.

2)I have another email for work that is on fetch(15min) but sometimes i get an email on my mac and my iPhone will ding like 45min later that is also not normal

3) Sometimes Siri will freeze my iPhone. Exemple i say Text mrx
    I dictate my text and when i say send. Siri will say Ok sending and then it will 'Search' for like 2minutes then my iPhone will reboot.

Of course i can't bring it to the apple store in canada cuz they are like ewww JB take it off.

So any options outside restoring my iPhone (and at same time update it to 5.1

2. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

You're not gonna like it, but the jb is screwing up the phone. Hard to believe, I know :rolleyes: by removing the jailbreak and updating it, you'll get the phone to actually work as intended.

3. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I highly, HIGHLY doubt the jailbreak is messing with iCloud email. I had a similar issue before I jailbroke with emails. It got to the point thay I just decided not to use that email at all (not like I really used it before). As for Siri, that could be your jailbreak, but I would be more interested in what tweaks you have installed. I would bet that it has more to do with a tweak messing with something rather than the jailbreak itself. Pinpointing the problem may be as easy as installing crash reporter (cydia) and loading it the next time your phone crashes. If you are willing to diagnose the problem, there is no reason for you to give up your jailbreak IMO.

5. cynics macrumors G4

I agree with reef, I can't comment on the Siri thing but the email on my phone sucks.

What I ended up doing was maxing out the volume on my tablet and when I hear it bing I'll check it on my phone.

I email a lot through out the day and I've found the iPhone seriously lacking in that department from its update times to just the over all interface.

6. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

I removed some of the Siri cydia apps let's see how it goes

7. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well it crashed again, so i just installed the crash app from cydia and the add on and i'll try a crash log if it crashes again

Need JB 5.1 soon lol

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

LOLOLOLOL

maybe something he installed after the jailbreak caused it to do this, but it isnt doing it because its jailbroken.

op have you installed any extensions to siri?
    any tweaks realated to your mail app?

mines JB on 5.0.1 works just as well as it did before for me. Running siri extensions here.

9. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Only siri Extention i installed was AssistantExtension

Also When it crashed 1h ago i was surfing on Cydia, not using Siri.

But anyway gonna see the crash dump result if it crashes again

10. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

thank goodness its not far out :) cant wait to liberate my new ipad. oh man oh man oh man

11. Ratatapa thread starter macrumors 6502a

well jb is gone for now, apple got stuck in plug to iTunes mode

So updating to 5.1 will just hope for a JB soon