Lots Of Questions, and None of Them Are Really Related

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rmbrown09, May 11, 2010.

1. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Question 1!!
    Is there a way to install custom GPU drivers on Mac? On my PC I used to install custom forceware for my 9800m GTS, so......
    BTW are they even called drivers on a mac? or something else.

Question 2!!
    Do all these new Source games that have been rewritten run in OpenGl? I assume so yea? If so, when can we expect to see 10.6.4? saw something that said the dev seeds for it included fixing it up..

Question 3!!
    Is there any kind of MBP overclock software? I know there is ZD net but that is for freaking MP's and XServe's

Is it really hard to make that kind of app? there is CoolBook for undervolting, so just make a program to do the opposite. (i know voltages and clock speeds are not the same thing, just the idea of it)

more for the GPU, I would like to overclock my 330m so that it is back up to what it's stock clocks were before Apple underclocked it.

Question 4!!
    Why does Bill Gates always come in my thread and pout

2. iamrawr macrumors 6502

iamrawr

for question 3, all i can say is that there is nothing as far as i know.
    you can however in bootcamp by installing a certain nvidia driver. there used to be a popular gaming thread with a user named WonkyPanda who has done it and even overclocked the 330m safely and effectively. i'm sorry i can't pinpoint the thread right now. i forgot the thread name =(

3. rmbrown09 thread starter macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Yea I just wish I could in osx, meh it's fine. I use to OC the transistors off my last 7805u gaming notebook.

thing would hit like 85C, made me sweat bullets, now that is just normal for an MBP lol.

4. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Question 1: No.

Question 2: Yes they have to be re-written in OpenGL. 10.6.4 release date? Nobody knows.

Question 3: Not that I know of; you wouldn't want to OC a MBP anyways - they run close to TJMax as it is.

Question 4: It's probably pretty entertaining for him.

5. iSushi macrumors newbie

Q1: yes, there are custom drivers! head over to hackintosh forums.
    Q2: yes, they have to be rewritten.
    Q3: yes you can create an app for that, if you can access the macbook EFI settings.
    Q4: he probably wants your MBP! :D