Lots of wifi signal but, won't connect

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mookiemoose, May 3, 2012.

1. mookiemoose macrumors newbie

i have an iphone 3G (not S). it's new to me. everything seems to work except... connecting to any wifi networks. the phone will recognize all available networks but, won't connect (not at home or the public library or the computer repair store or.... anywhere).

so, what did i do before i started this thread? i read every thread that people started about wifi. i took the phone to the computer repair store and they confirmed that it has strong wifi signal but doesn't connect to any wifi network. i did all the usual fixes that get suggested for "no wifi" (like make sure the internal antenna is good and well connected, turn airplane mode on and off, reset network settings, reinstall the system software 4.2.1, wifi on and off and on and off and...)

so, there are lots of networks out there and my phone sees all of them but, it won't join any of them and simply gives the message "unable to join the network". any suggestions of what to try next to try getting it working? thanks.

technical data: iPhone 3G, model MB046LL, v4.2.1.

2. Artisus macrumors newbie

I'm experiencing the same problem on my iPad (MB293LL). It says I'm connected to (any) Wi-fi but gives me error messages as soon as I try to load an Internet connection. I'm just about at my wits end! I hope someone has some new suggestions for us... :-/